help

AGE FIFTEEN

nothing seems to change, and it's wearing yoongi out.

yoongi finally accepts his romantic feelings towards hoseok but conceals it, terrified by the restless butterflies in his stomach and the not-so-pure thoughts about himself and hoseok that would sometimes creep into his mind.

he learns: love is scary. very, very scary.

but through his hardships, he does discover a talent of his own. and that is keeping his dark thoughts and secrets to himself. it's been nearly two years and oddly no one has suspisions about yoongi's slowly decaying life. or so he thought, of course.

so now while he sits in math class, he does the same exact thing he does every single day. stare longingly at the flawless jung hoseok that sat two rows away from him. close his eyes and wish for a miracle. scold himself for being unrealistic and pity his own heart for causing him this endless pain. then the cycle repeats itself before classtime ends.

as usual, this endless pattern ensues until the bell finally rings. at this, yoongi arises promptly from his seat as his earnest gaze rests upon hoseok again, who is now jogging over to none other than jimin. hoseok softly whispers something to him, causing the small boy to burst into giggles. the two exchange more gleeful chatter before leaving the classroom, laughing all the way.

yoongi sometimes envies jimin's laugh. it is an angelic and pure sound, and the way his charming eyes smile is undoubtedly precious and adorable. even an effortless grin from the youthful boy was enough to make someone's heart melt.

yoongi sullenly walks out of the classroom, schoolbag in hand and head down in discouragment.

he can't understand still. why is hoseok so distant now? he remembers how close they were, how much love and care they held for each other... was it all nothing to him?

yoongi doesn't know what to do. as blatantly independent as he is, he is exhasted of being alone. he needs advice, sympathy, anything really.

he sinks back into the fading memories of his past and recalled whoever he would go to with his issues. soon enough, the hazy photographs of the his history align into a person, someone who loved him dearly and would comfort yoongi in the worst of times.

the person he always talked to to cheer him up?

hoseok.

and there was no way in hell that was happening.

yoongi is about done and finished with life then, completely hopeless when it came to his doleful situations and mishaps. when he decides giving up was the best option, he is suddenly approached by a worried-looking seokjin.

jin's brown eyes are wide and alert, almost alarming. "yoongi, come with me," he orders.

"no," he quickly replies, scowling. what am i, his pet? yoongi irritably thinks.

"aish, you're impossible," jin grumbles in dismay, rolling his eyes.

yoongi says nothing in return, before turning to walk away and getting abruptly stopped by jin again.

"wait!" cries seokjin, tugging at his sleeve.

"oh my fucking god what do you want?!" yoongi groans, turning around with an exasperated expression.