Chapter 5 - Cat's Out!

My team and I sat at a table in the corner of the guild hall. We said nothing, just stared blankly at the table. We could feel the eyes of other guild mates on our backs.

"Cheer up guys!" Kali squeaked. I brushed a piece of my spiky pink hair out of my face.

"I'm so sorry." I muttered. My team looked up at me. "It's my fault that this has happened."

"Nashi." Gale comforts. She rested her hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, we all knew that this would be dangerous. We all agreed that you were worth the risk."

"Yeah we love you Nashi." Storm says. He cuts himself short after realizing what he just said and blushes followed by a sweat drop. "I mean we love you like family!"

I laugh a little bit at his flustered expression. To be honest, it's the cutest thing ever.

"Storm, your shirt." Rieki points out blatently. Storm immediately blushes and fumbles for his jacket. "He's right though." Reiki states. "You're family Nashi. We couldn't just leave you."

I smile. It feels good to know that my team loves me this much. "Thanks guys." I pull them into a group hug across the table.

We're interrupted by someone behind us. We all turn to see our family standing with their arms crossed.

"Talk." Erza demands.

"Erza." I say. "Trust me when I say that you don't want to know."

"Look." Lucy interrupts. "We have no idea who you are and we can tell that you're all upset. We just want to help you."

"That's the problem!" Gale stands from her seat with tears in her eyes. "You have no idea who we are! You have no idea where we're from and you have no idea what is going on! Look we just want to go home."

"Gale." Reiki says cooly. Gale sits and
Reiki stands. "Forgive us for the secrecy, but it's better if you didn't know."

"Oh yeah, and why's that?" Natsu asked.

"You wouldn't believe us." I state quietly. Everyone turns to me causing me to look down at the drink in my hand. I feel the weight on the bench shift as someone sits down next to me. I look up to find my mother Lucy, she rests her hand on my shoulder.

"Try us."

Just the sound of her voice makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry. More than anything, I want her to tell me that everything is going to be alright. I can't though. I have to stay strong.

"We're from the future." Storm whispers.

The eyes of my family go wide. Their breath is caught short as they stare at us. I turn to Storm in disbelief, his eyes don't meet mine.

"Storm!" Reiki scolds.

"Cat's out!" Gale cringes. Kali drops the fish that was once in her mouth onto the table. Storm looks up at an enraged Reiki with determination in his eyes.

Reiki stands and makes a fist that begins to glow light blue. He slams it on the table causing the table to immediately disintegrate.

"You've gone too far Storm!" Reiki shouts.

Storm follows suit and prepares for a fight. His skin turns pale and his navy hair becomes icy blue. His shirt also came off with his transformation.

"They were gonna find out eventually!" Storm shoots. "Ice make battle gear 1!" He summons an icy sword and shield to defend himself.

Reiki throws a punch at Storm who blocks it with his shield. Reiki's destruction punch should have made Storm's shield shatter, but Storm has perfected his shield to withstand Reiki's magic.