Chapter 32 - Escaping the Castle

"We have a son?!?!" Natsu and Lucy whisper screamed from their hiding spot. I tensed a little bit, hoping that Lukas hadn't heard them. He showed no sign that he had, which offered a little bit of relief. 

His partner lowered her hood as well, revealing herself to be none other than Nova Dreyar. She had long light blonde wavy hair tied up in a black bow and bright blue eyes. "Poor guy was just worried sick about you four,"

"Tch, I was not!" Lukas barked. 

"He was the first to volunteer to come rescue you guys, which he of course dragged me along with him."

"Wait what?" I asked. 

"What's going on back at the guild?" Storm questioned. The pair in white tensed a bit.

"It's pretty intense," Nova began. "After your little disappearing act, Levy was able to figure out that that spell you used was a time travel spell. Of course these three idiots had already cast it again to come get you before she could tell them. So after you all were gone, the spell was put under lock and key to prevent anyone else from using it,"

"That was when we got back," Lukas interrupted. He put his hands up in a mocking gesture. "Everything was just a normal day, coming home from a job when I hear that my little sister and her team have gone and traveled back in time,"

"Hey!" I shouted. "It wasn't my fault!"

"It kinda was dumbass," he retorted. He continued to argue with me while Nova continued.

"It had been a few days since that so Dad asked for volunteers to come get you guys."

"Are you two the only ones?" Reiki asked.

"We're the only ones that came," Nova continued. "Asuka was another one of the volunteers, but with her already being present in this timeline they couldn't risk it,"

"What about our parents,"

"With them also being alive in this timeline, they couldn't come either. That left me, Lukas, Rosemary, Rin, and Sylvia as potential volunteers,"

"Rin and Syl wanted to come?" Storm pondered.

"Rosemary too?" Reiki added.

Nova nodded. "They were just so worried about their big brothers. Rosemary was practically begging Erza to let her go. Luckily your dad stepped in before she got too far. I think Rin and Sylvia actually tried cracking the safe that the spell was locked in. After that incident, Juvia was not letting either of them out of her sights. Since the three of them are all so much younger anyway, everyone just agreed to send the two of us,"

"So how did you get here in the first place?" Gale asked.

"We used the spell," Lukas explained. "It was able to bring us right to the time that you were in,"

"Yeah, but how do we get back home?" Kali pointed out.

"With this," Nova held out in her hand a small sphere the size of a golf ball. It was made from bronze and had a lot of small etchings on it. "It was made by some of the science geeks in Magnolia. It'll give us a one way trip to back to the year X816, but we can only use it once so we all have to go now,"

"N-Now?" I stuttered. Everyone glanced at me with quizzical looks. "What about the other half of the rescue team? They're somewhere in here, shouldn't we wait for them to catch up so we can show them the way out?"

"They'll be fine," Lukas stated. "We can't afford to come in contact with anymore people from this time period,"

"But-"