Chapter 29 - Storm Fall

His words startled me. I immediately scanned the area to find what he was talking about. I heard a pfft sound from behind me. Storm pushed me aside and I saw a tiny dart fly straight into his chest. It was like time had stopped. All I could do was watch as the dart that was most likely meant for me, buried itself into Storm's chest.

"Storm!" I screeched, getting the attention of every other guild member.

Storm's eyes were wide as his knees buckled and gave way as he began to fall. I lunged out and caught him before he hit the floor. He grunted as I eased his head into my lap. Everyone crowded around to see what happened. "Someone go get help!" I cried.

"Storm!" Juvia cried out. Two of the guild members were holding her back.

"Over there!" Reiki shouted, pointing off in the distance. Gale rushed to the edge to see where he was pointing. Across the colosseum was a figure with a blow dart pipe.

I looked down at Storm who was growing paler by the second, and not in the usual way. I looked down his torso and pulled the dart out of his chest. His breathing was getting shallow and his hands were shaking as they grasped at his chest where the dart was.

I quickly unzipped his black vest to see a blue poison quickly running through his veins.

"Hang in there you're going to be okay," I choked. "Somebody help!" I screamed at anyone. Everyone looked down on me wishing they could help. "Can nobody do anything?" I was hysterical, screaming  like a crazy person.

Storm was choking, drawing my eyes back to him. The tears were falling from my eyes now. They landed on his cheeks right under his ocean blue eyes that I had been staring into mere moments before.

"Stay with me," I sobbed, rubbing my thumb across his cheek. "Just hold on a little longer," I used my other hand to rub my fingers through his raven hair. His breathing was coming out as gasps now. "Storm," I whimpered. Then his gasps stopped. His eyes slowly closed and his pupils rolled into the back of his head.

"No," I whispered. "No. No. NO!" I screamed. I threw my head back and screamed at the top of my lungs as the tears streamed down my face like waterfalls. "He's not dead, He's not dead!" I chanted. I leaned my head over, placing my ear against his bare chest. I prayed that I would hear a heartbeat. There was silence at first, but I heard it, Storm's heartbeat.

My heart was racing, I could still save him!

- - - - - - - - - - -
Natsu:

Natsu was basking in his victory when he finally decided that it was high time he crawled out of that massive pit he had created. He managed to get out after a while of climbing and then made his way into the stadium. He couldn't wait to tell Lucy all about it!

Natsu was almost to the infirmary when he was joined by Erza, Gray and a few others from Fairy Tail. They all congradulated him and told him to go see Lucy. He was about to reach for the door handle when he heard a scream from far away. His heart stopped, that was Nashi.

"Is everything alright?" Erza asked. The door to the infirmary opened and Wendy appeared.

"What was that?" She squeaked. Her dragon senses must have heard it too then. Natsu growled.

"Lets find out," with that, he took off down the hall, Gray, Erza, and Wendy right at his heels.

After running down the winding halls of the stadium, the trio ran into Happy. "Happy!" Natsu called out.

"Natsu!" Happy cried out, flying in his direction.

"What happened?" Natsu growled.

"Somebody shot Storm with a poison dart," Happy cried out. Natsu could see Gray tense up from the corner of his eye. "I came to get Wendy, he's hurt really bad," Happy added.

"We shouldn't waste time, where is he?" Wendy spoke up. Happy told the trio to follow him to the Fairy Tail section of the stadium. The four mages raced down the halls, startling everyone who got in their way.

When they finally arrived, everyone was hysterical. Juvia threw herself onto Gray in a fit of sobs. Nashi was in the center of the room doing chest compressions on Storm. Her eyes had turned into waterfalls, making Storm's bare chest wet with tears.

Wendy ran to Storm's side and examined the wound that had become blue and swollen. She immediately went to work and began healing him.

"Come on," Nashi pleaded. Everyone was silent as they watched in anticipation. Storm's face was still pale and not moving. Gray and Juvia were stiff as nervousness settled cold over them.

"He's dangerously low on magical energy," Wendy deduced.

"What kind of poison drains health and magic?" Erza spoke up.

"I don't know,"

- - - - - - - - - -
Nashi:

"He needs magic?" I questioned. Wendy nodded.

"The poison is blocking his body's natural ability to pull magic from his surroundings,"

There was a long pause.

"Then he can have mine," I said firmly.

"Nashi no," Natsu challenged. I ignored him and focused my magical energy to my hands. My hands started to glow brightly with magic.

"I've got plenty to give," I said. I placed my hands on his cold cheeks. Pressing my forehead against his, I said a silent prayer. "Please be alright,"

The air around me grew warm as it flooded with magic. There was a golden light surrounding us as I felt the magic leaving me. My hair was flying like It was caught in the wind of a violent storm. It was warm leaving my hands into Storm's face.

I thought about all we had been through. When he jumped into a portal leading to unknown danger to save me. When he pushed me out of harms way from the Fairy glitter blast and accidentally groped me. When we fell asleep holding hands under his umbrella while it rained. When he stayed almost an entire night with me in the infirmary. When he held me in his arms so I wouldn't have to watch as my mother was beaten. Even ten minutes ago when we almost kissed.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I realized what my feelings truly meant. I was in love with him. Really, truly in love with him.

I opened my eyes to see his face was less pale and I could hear his breathing grow steady. I breathed a sigh of relief and stopped the transfer.

The air around us grew cold again and the light faded. I collapsed onto Storm's chest in exhaustion. I could hear his heart beating and I sighed. Thank God he was going to be okay.

I felt a hand brush through my hair and looked up to see ocean blue eyes. I let out a breath of relief and threw my arms around his neck. He was startled at first, but I soon felt one arm wrap around my waist and the other running through my hair.  "Don't scare me like that," I sighed.

"Promise," Storm smiled softly.

- - - - - - - - - - -

A few hours later.

"Are you sure you're both feeling alright?" Porlyusica questioned glaringly.

Storm and I were sitting on opposite beds in the infirmary. After the whole fiasco in the stadium, everyone had insisted that both of us take a visit to Porlyusica for a professional opinion. Storm and I thought the notion was simply absurd of course, but we listened anyway.

"I advise that you stay here tonight, just to be sure the symptoms don't rebound and you have more time to recover."

"But we're fine," I argued.

"Never argue with your doctor," Porlyusica warned so coldly it was scary.

"Yes ma'am," Storm and I choked in unison.