Chapter 6 - Dropped on an Island

Year X784
Day 1 of S-class trials
Tenrou Island
3 months after future team leaves

Natsu:

"You're still thinking about Nashi aren't you?" Happy asks. Natsu looked down at the cave floor. Nashi had been all that he could think about for the past few months. He nodded silently.

"I can't get her out of my head." He added. As a matter of fact, the future team was all that was ever on anyone's minds. Juvia swears that Storm is her and Gray's love child. Wendy somehow convinced Erza that Reiki was just like her. Mirajane had also gone on about how Gale looked just like Gajeel and Levy. Neither of them are admitting it though. As for Lucy, who knows. She doesn't say much about their encounter.

"You've gotta get your head in the game!" Happy determines. "It's the first day of S-class trials you can't afford to fall behind. Especially if we're going up against Erza."

Happy was right, Natsu had chosen tunnel E just so he would get the chance to fight Erza. He made a fiery fist to show how determination.

"You're right Happy. I'm all fired up now!" He yelled running down the cave tunnel. That determination didn't last long when he got a look at his opponent. He stopped dead at the sight of Gildarts.

- - - - - -

"Natsu how long are you going to sulk? We won." Happy inquired. Natsu was sitting against a rock as Gramps announced the five teams moving on in the trials. Happy had expected his partner to be more cheerful to move on. However the means by which Natsu won his match was rather rocking.

"No... Just thinking about something."

"NATSU IS! THINKING ABOUT! SOMETHING!!" Happy shrieked.

"How little do you think of him?" Lucy muttered under her breath.

Gildarts was someone that Natsu has always aspired to be. To hear him say that he was cheering Natsu on was all he needed to hear.

"Gray! Cana! Levy! Elfman!" He called out. "Let's fight and we'll see just who becomes an S-class wizard"

"I'll take that bet." Gray counters.

"Very well then." Master chides. "Your next task is to find the grave of our first master, Mavis. You have six hours."

"Alright, I'm all fired up now! This'll be easy as -" Natsu's words were cut short by a rumbling sound. The entire island seemed to shake.

"Aah! What's happening?" Happy cried.

"Is this part of the test?" Levy asked. Master said nothing. He turned his face to the wizards around him. Just then, an ear piercing yell was heard throughout the jungle.

"Was that a monster?" Lucy inquired.

"It sounded human to me." Gray concluded.

"But who was that? And what's with all the shaking?" Cana stammered.

Two more screams filled the jungle. They were different from the first. One was clearly female and the other was male as well as the first.

"Natsu can you tell where it's coming from?" Master Makarov questioned.

Natsu tilted his head in an effort to pinpoint the origin of the yelling. His ears picked up a fourth scream coming from the West. Natsu growled, none of the screams belonged to his comrades who weren't present. So who else was on the island?

"West. There's at least four of em and as far as I can tell, they ain't supposed to be here." Natsu concluded, he lit a fiery fist in anger. "They're gonna pay for messing up my chance of being S-class! Raaaahh!!!" With that, Natsu took off into the jungle after the intruders.