Chapter 10 - The Fall

"Man I can't believe we're missing out on the fight of the century right now!" Natsu complained.

"Sorry, but making sure our friends are okay is more important!" Lucy barked.

I couldn't help smiling at my parents pointless bickering. Storm and I were walking a solid five feet behind the group to get out of earshot. We were still nervous about being on Tenrou island, with our parents no less.

Lucy looked back at us as we walked in silence. I immediately avoided her glance and stared back at the ground. I knew that she had many questions for me, most of them I had answers for. I just knew that now wasn't the time to bring them up. She turned back to Cana and whispered something to her.

I turned to Storm who was absent mindedly looking ahead. I could tell that he was still slightly embarrassed about accidentally groping me. I was still embarrassed too, luckily nobody saw it... I think.

"Where do you think Reiki and Gale are?" I pondered out loud.

"If they're smart, then they're probably already at base camp." Storm answered. I nodded in agreement, Reiki is already an S-class wizard. They'll be fine.

"When is this rain gonna stop?" I complained.

"What? Can't handle a little storm, Sunshine?" Storm teased. He gave me an devious smirk, the one that always makes my stomach do a flip. I playfully punched him in the shoulder and we both laughed.

It felt good to have a little piece of something normal in my life. This had become something that Storm and I had been doing ever since we were kids. Always teasing each other and playfully fighting. Over the years though, it had grown into something more than that...

Just then the ground started shaking and a rumbling sound was heard throughout the entire island. Everyone looked back and saw a sight that made everyone scared. The Tenrou tree was falling!

"Run!" I shouted. Everyone started running away from the falling tree.

"What in the heck is going on?!" Natsu yelled.

"Please hurry Carla!" Happy cried.

"You're behind me!" Carla pointed out.

"We all gotta hurry and get back to camp A S A P!" Natsu declared. Just then everyone stopped, my head was feeling really dizzy. All of a sudden my body felt like it could hardly move. It was like a chunk of my magic had been drained from my body.

"What the?" Natsu breathed, he fell to his knees.

"What's happening?" Lucy's eyes were getting heavy and she looked like she was about to fall asleep. "I feel like I just ran out of juice." She too, fell to the ground.

"My legs just stopped working, what's wrong with me." Wendy cried. Even the exceeds, Happy and Carla, fell.

"Nashi." Storm sighed, he rocked back and forth about to fall.

"Storm!" I shrieked. I caught him just as he was about to hit the ground. I gently rested him on his back with his head in my lap.

"What's happening?" Strom grunted.

"It's the Tenrou tree." I explain. "It has the power to protect and amplify the magic of any wizard bearing the guild crest. With the tree gone, we lose that protection and as we speak our magic power is being rapidly drained."

Everyone lets out a cry of agony and pain at the feeling of having their magic drained. I desperately want to help them, but if I were to share my magic power with them it would only be drained out of them again.