Chapter 19 - What a Drunk Can Do

"Less shouting, more drinking! We've got a hell of a defeat to celebrate here," Makarov shouted. Everyone in the Fairy Tail guild was wasted drunk at the Bar Sun, a small bar in the middle of Crocus. Cana was bashing us for being an embarrassment, although no one took offense due to her drunken state. 

Everyone was trying to put on a brave face and drink away the feeling of loss. My team and I were the only ones not completely wasted. We sat at a table in the corner, eating our dinner and having a normal conversation for once. Kali was sitting on my head, munching on her new favorite food, burritos. 

"Listen up!" Makarov announced. "Now that all you brats are here, I'd like to make a toast! Today we lost, and you know what that means don't ya? Tomorrow we climb to the top, because Fairy Tail never backs down and won't start now!" 

We all cheered and raised our glasses to the Master's testament. For the first time that evening, my team and I raised our glasses and drank to our guild's name. Unfortunately when my team drinks, we DRINK and it never ends well.

Natsu:

"Who wants some?!" Natsu yelled across the bar. "Don't chicken out on me now, I'm starting to enjoy myself," Max was under the table, unconscious from their fight.

"Another K.O." Macao announced.

"Not bad kid, but wanna try your luck against me." Gajeel challenged.

"NO Way!" Came a slurred voice from the corner of the room. Everyone turned to see a wasted Nashi Dragneel. "If anyOne' sgonna fight em, it'll be me!" She slurred.

"Nashi?" Natsu stared. He got off the table he was standing on and made his way to his daughter. The stench of whisky coated her familiar smoky vanilla scent. "Just how wasted are you?"

"Unimportant!" Nashi snapped. "We fight now old man," She sneered evilly. Natsu was taken back by his daughter's sudden change of personality. "So're you gonna fight me or not," Nashi held her fists in front of her face, ready to fight. She swayed back and forth like she was about to fall.

"You can't fight like this!" Natsu tried to reason.

"Oh, yeah?" Nashi challenged. "Watch me," Without warning, Nashi landed a right hook under Natsu's chin. Everyone stared in disbelief at the small Dragneel trying to fight her father. Natsu dodged every attack, if he couldn't reason with her then he would just have to wear her out. 

On the other side of the room, Gale was at the bar. She sat on the stool, staring at Lily who was standing on the table. 

"Wow, Lily..." Gale started. Lily raised an eyebrow at the teenage girl. "Your ears are so tiny!" Gale burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. She giggled and whooped at this statement. Lily simply stared at the girl, she was certainly Levy's daughter. She fell back on her stool and her world turned upside down. 

"Haha!" She cheered. "Everyone is on the ceiling!" Gale snorted and kicked laughed at every little thing. PantherLily rested his head in his paw, how did he get stuck watching the kid.

"Bring it on fur ball!" Storm shouted at Kali. 

"You're going down frosty," Kali declared. 

"On your mark," Warren started. "Get set, Go!" Storm and Kali started shoving burritos in their mouths like there was no tomorrow. There was no time for Kali to trash talk Storm like usual, there were burritos to be eaten and a race to be won.

The worst drunk in the room was not any of these four however. The title of worst drunk belonged to Reiki Fernandez. 

"It's not fair," Reiki sobbed. "I want more!" The tears were flowing out of Reiki's eyes like waterfalls.