Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Pearls POV

I groaned. My back hurt like I was sleeping on a rock the whole night.

Well duh I just witnessed a tsunami.

My eyes fluttered like little fish swimming quickly. I opened my eyes.

There, looming over me, I saw a girl I had never seen before.

She has long brown hair that went down to the end of her ribs. Her brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

She had an aqua tail that hung over the side of the rock.

"Hi," she said. "You feeling any better?"

I tried to sit up. My bones creaked in the process as if they were revolting in this action.

"Who are you?" I asked the girl.

"My name is Pale," the girl said.

Pale, what an odd name for a mermaid.

My heart sank. Where was Pisces and Mother?

I began to think of possible places they could be, but I quickly but that plan aside, they must be back at the city.

"Where is my sister and mom?" I asked Pale.

"I don't know your sister or mom," Pale replied.

"Well they have to be back at the kingdom, come on!" I said motioning Pale to come with me.

"There's a kingdom?" She whispered.

"Of course there is a kingdom, what kind of mermaid are you?" I asked her.

How can she be a real mermaid if she doesn't know that a kingdom exists?

Pale hesitated for a moment.

"Listen, Pearl," Pale said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "I was a human. I had legs an hour ago but when I touched water I got a tail, for the first time ever. Pearl, I don't have any experience in being a mermaid."

My eyes widened. She's a human. Not a mermaid. She's lying, she has a fake tail and is going to sell me to scientist. I had to get out of here.

I bolted into the water, speeding off in the water.

Pale couldn't catch me, I knew that.

A jet of water streamed beside me. I looked closely at the stream. I saw a face of a girl. She had brown hair and an aqua tail.

It was Pale.

No human could swim that fast. Pale must be a real mermaid. But, how could she also be a human. This mermaid wasn't lying. But King Neptune wouldn't let some mermaid go of dating a human. It is against his laws.

I stopped swimming.

"Stop!" I yelled at Pale from across the water.

She stopped swimming.

"I believe you," I told her. "Your a human, now your a mermaid. You won't be safe out here, sharks and stuff. You can come with me in the kingdom I'll convince my mom to let you stay. She should be at the house."

Pale furrowed her eyebrows. "Pearl, there is something I need to ask you," she said. "I don't want to go with you, I want to go home, on land."

I thought for a moment. I stared down at my tail and watched it swish around in the water. Should I tell her? I had to. If I didn't god knows what could happen to her. She didn't know the responsibility of being a mermaid was. I had to teach her, and it started with telling her the truth.