Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Pearls POV

The next day I woke up bright and early.

It was surprising, one of a mermaids main traits is sleeping in late, then again something exciting is happening.

I sat up from the couch.

"Pearl! Pearl! Pearl!" Pale chirped so quickly I'm surprised she didn't stumble over her words.

"What?" I said sleepily.

I squinted at something shiny on her head. Was that a crown?

"Guess what? Guess what? GUESS WHAT!" Pale chirped even faster.

"You have a lot of pep?" I said.

I've never really been sassy before, I like it.

"That and..." Pale flashed a large smile and pointed to something on her head. It was a tiara.

"I'm officially the princess of Atlantica!"

Pale swam up to the ceiling of the room and then did a backflip. It was all done in such a smooth motion. What did they teach her on land?

When she cooled down I could carefully see the diamonds in the tiara. It was beautiful.

"I wish I had one of those," I said.

"Amphrie said I have to keep this on all the time, even when I'm sleeping," Pale said.

"Won't that hurt?" I asked.

"I guess for the first couple of nights, then you get used to it," Pale said shrugging.

I was really jealous of he honestly. I mean, she's a princess and like she gets to wear a tiara and get respect from people.

"You'll get respect," Pale said as if she was reading my mind.

"You will be respected by the merpeople because your my friend, I'll make them respect you," she said in a dangerous voice.

"Thank you," I said cheerfully. "That's the nicest threat anyone had ever said to me."

"Well it is for your own good."

I smiled.

"So we have till 8," Pale said. "On the weekdays the beach closes at 7:30. I used to be upset by that but now I'm good."

"So what do you want to do till then?" I asked.

"I don't know," Pale said.

"Do you want to talk about stuff?" I suggested.

"Okay," Pale said.

We were silent for a while. Since we met, life hasn't been this uneventful.

"So how do you like having a tail?" I asked.

Pale glanced down.

"Oh yeah, it's good I guess."

"Um, are you happy your getting legs?"

"I guess so."

"Do you like being a princess?"

"Yeah."

"Do you like sharing royalty with your brother?"

"No."

This was the most boringest conversation of my life. And my life is long.

Darkness spread over the city.

"Yeah!" I screamed. "It's 8 already!"

"No Pearl, that's a fishing boat," Pale said.

We turned to each other.

"A fishing boat!" We said to each other.

Pale grabbed her tiara and we shot downstairs.

We came to the throne room.

Matthew was sitting there, on the kings throne, twirling his little trident lazily.

"Matthew," Pale snapped. "Where's dad?"

"On a business trip," Matthew said. "Now I am the King of Ocean!" Matthew said as he raised his trident up in the air.

"No your not," Pale said. "Is Amphrie here?"

"No, she's with him."

"Matthew, get off the throne, we have business to cover."

"What's wrong?"

"Dude! There is a fishing boat above us!"

"Oh," Matthew said.

I slapped my hand on my forehead.

"Listen, Matthew," Pale said. "I'm next in line for the throne so get off it and let me do my business."

"Fine," Matthew grumbled. "No need to remind me of your power."

"Pearl," Pale said to me when she sat on the throne. "Go get me the military."

I cocked my head.

Pale rolled her eyes "Go get me the guards."

I nodded and scurried out of the room.

"All guards to the castle!" I yelled.

Forty or so guards swam quickly into the castle.

"There is a human ship up ahead of us," Pale boomed from the chair.

She was a good queen. What did they teach her on land?

"And we need all of you guards to guard the city and the town. Is any divers come this way, go alert Matthew, Matthew your incharge of the guards, I know on a daily basis that is the worst decision ever, making you guard of weapons," she said. Then she went on. "But anyway, try and make the divers move away with help of my brother. Next, Pearl and I will scout the ship and get a closer look at what they are doing. If they are doing something to our kingdom we will alert several guards and help us move the ship away. Okay, now man your positions!"