Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Pearls POV

So this was the life of the best friend who's friend was a princess and had some training to do.

I swam along the streets of the city.

What to do? What to do?

I wish I could go see James but the surfers would be practicing and I don't know where the rock was.

Mermaids were talking and laughing.

everything here was loud.

I felt like a fish out of water, like I had no place. The village is so quiet, so peaceful, here, it's a whole new world.

I looked at some mermaids, there complexions were perfect, to be honest they were beautiful.

Then I got an idea.

Pisces showed me this once. Mermaids were allowed to lure sailors off there ships as game, mermaids don't do it often that much but Pisces used to do it all the time.

Some mermaids lured them to their death, Pisces didn't do that. Instead she...kissed them.

Which says desperate with a capital 'D'

She said it was okay, and she talked to James about it and he didn't care.

My heart sunk.

I miss my mermaid sister.

I knew I couldn't cry here.

Your 14 years old pull yourself together, I thought to myself.

I have always wanted to try luring and besides, everyone in my family was a siren, I want to be one too.

I could kiss them...I'm old enough. I could save them too, or almost drown them, then save them.

It will be fun.

I took off, faster than anything in the whole ocean.

I swam out of the city, out of the village.

Bubbles formed around me when I swam.

Finally, I was out of the city.

I broke to the surface.

I took a deep breath and found a nearby rock. I swam up to it and heaved myself out of the water and sat on the smooth grey rock.

I scanned the ocean, I couldn't see any land. All I could see was blue and a white boat.

My heart fluttered and I swam over.

The boat was far away but the excitement kept me going.

I finally popped my head out of the water. I made sure not to make much noise. I peaked through one of the openings in the large Robalo.

I heard the voices of men and no women, that was a good sign.

So now what did Pisces do?

Oh yeah scan the people on the boat.

I looked around.

Three teenage men, probably 18, that's promising.

One boy had dark chocolate skin and curly hair.

Another had tossed blonde hair and sea green eyes. Okay, he was cute.

I looked at another one. His back was turned to a large box full of ice. He pulled a glass vial out of there and drank the liquid from inside.

He turned around, I got a glimpse of his face.

I gasped.

It was James.