Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Pearls POV

"Pale," I murmured. I ducked under the water and hurried after her.
Under the water, I could only see a fading stream of bubbles. Man, Pale swam fast, for a part mer part human.
I swam after the current. I looked around, scanning any caves that she might hiding in, but the trail kept going. I hurried after her.
"Pale!" I called out. I listened to the ocean sounds until I heard a faint sobbing. I looked over a rock and found Pale there. Her aqua tail was sparkling in the sunlight that reached this far down.
"Pale," I said as I hugged her gently. "Why are you crying?"
"The ink smeared now," Pale said. "Put the paper said that I was missing, and that a reward was offered for anyone who found me."
"Pale that's not bad," I said. "People love you."
It's honestly true. I love my family and the people who love them are looking for them.
"But still," Pale said. "People will be looking everywhere for me, even the sea. I went missing right after the storm, I could be at sea for all the public knows. And I'm a mermaid! If people find out about this my mother won't be questioned enough and I'll be taken to a lab and experimented on, maybe dissected or put on drugs or something and these posters will be up forever. I just wish I could become a human and ask my mom to take the posters down or at least talk to the person who put then up if she didn't."
Tears rolled down her face.
I smiled. I remembered Pisces taught me a potion that could turn into a human for 4 hours, but it's really bad for your health so you have to take it only once in your lifetime.
Pisces used it once to see James and meet his parents. For a couple months she was very pale and swam a little but slower than usual, but she's back to normal now.
"Why are you smiling?" Pale said wiping tears from her eyes and sniffling in between words.
"Pale, I know away to clear your name."
Pale suddenly sat up straighter like a excited puppy.
"What is it?" She yipped.
"It's a potion, it will turn you into a human for 4 hours," I exclaimed.
Pale shot up from her rock. "That's great!"
"Yeah! There is only a couple ingredients. Mermaid spit, salt water, tap water, and human nail clippings."
"That's perfect! And two of those things is easy to obtain!" Pale cried.
Pale frowned and sank onto the rock again.
"But how will we obtain the other things? Plus a glass vial to hold all the things together?" She said.
I smiled. "I know all answers to your questions."
Pale sat up straighter and she broke her frown into a faint smile.
"I have a friend named James, the same guy on the boat I was talking to earlier today. He can get us those things. We can do it tomorrow night-"
I let out a big yawn. "Because I'm tired."