4. The Law of the Jungle

SONG : CHERRY BOMB - NCT127

Law of the Jungle is being filmed in Fiji (my home country) and Jaehyun from NCT is coming 😊

They're currently flying to Fiji as I write so I'm dedicating this to the team of LOTJ (fingers crossed I can meet them and get autographs)

•••|||•••

A lion. A cage. And a prey.

What do you think about with those three characters in play?

Many people would think of how devastating the situation was for the prey. One outcome was sure to happen. The prey would be killed by the lion.

In the current scenario, the lion was Jace, the cage was the plane.

And the prey was...me.

I shouldn't stayed strong, looked him in the eye and wait for him to look away first. I should've acted like his presence didn't unnerve me, even to the the point where if he had waltzed into the plane naked, I would've have even batted an eye at him.

That's what I should've done.

But that's what I didn't do.

In fact, as soon as I registered that I would be stuck in a twelve hour flight with Jace Frost, I turned away from him and looked out the window to where the jet bridge was retracting from the plane. I saw the flight attendants seal the door to the plane and knew that my only escape had just been cut off.

I felt my face burning up and if anything I could tell that Jace was burning a hole through my face right now.

Making the chair recline back I decided that I'll be spending a good time gazing outside until the burning sensation eased off. Hopefully Jace had an economy ticket although I knew that was the same as hoping Narnia was real.

The Frosts, like my family, the Queens, Burns and Rush came from money and none of us had ever flown coach before. Despite the chances of it being so slight, I couldn't help but still wish that Jace Frost wasn't with me in first right now.

Him being on the same plane, I had no choice but to expect. But him in the same close vicinity as me, that would be torture.

After what I considered to be an adequate enough time for him to find his seat, I turned away from the window and started riffling through my handbag for some vitamin supplements that I always keep around to help get rid of my hangover.

My head was started to feel like a NASCAR race course with cars thundering down it right now and the vitamins always seemed to help.

After getting some sparkling water from a flight attendant I down the supplements and almost instantly feel better. Until I realized that I had forgotten about Jace.

Cautiously, I looked around the cabin, hoping to be as stealthy as possible. I looked around in the first class cabin from where I sat and to my relief I didn't spot Jace at all.

I turned back around and sighed in relief before a yawn crept up on me.

"Ms Holden," the voice both surprised and calm me at the same time as I turned to see Bruce standing by the aisle watching me. He looked less put together than he had moments ago. Weariness painted his face and I could almost sense that he was only managing to remain upright because of his sense of responsibility to the task at hand; getting me back to LA safely.

"Yes Bruce?"

"Please get some rest," he began, his voice almost sounding like he was worried for me. "You'll need to be well-rested when we reach the main office."