10. All Things Girly-Natured

Song : All Too Well - Taylor Swift

•••|||•••

I bit my lower lip in frustration as I took in the situation before me.

Jace was glaring at Elliott as he grabbed the back of his collar. Elliott looked taken aback but that was quickly changing into furious anger.

And to make things worse, we stood by the undergraduate building where it was flooding with students going in and out, rushing to there classes or heading back to their rooms after a late night spent studying.

Apparently most of them decided that if it involved me, the rebellious socialite, it had to be interesting. A crowd had slowly gathered to witness the drama that was unfolding.

What the hell do I do with this situation? Jace was supposed to be a transfer student from England that I supposedly hadn't met at all. We were supposed to be strangers.

And here he was, gripping the collar of my self-proclaimed best friend who was just fooling around.

"Dude, what the hell is your problem? Let me go!" Elliott snapped, breaking the tension and shock that had settled into the vicinity.

Elliott was at least one inch shorter than Jace but he made up for it by having a bit more muscle than Jace. Where Jace was lean and had defined muscles that didn't pop out as much, Elliott was buffer than him from being a rugby player in his spare time.

He had dark hair that was cut two inches short and brushed lazily over. He had a diamond shaped face and even if he denied it, he still had a little bit of baby fat left around the edges. He had freckles dotting his nose which he hated and always said he would cover them with makeup if he could.

With dark brown eyes and a natural tan that he claimed to have inherited from his Latina ancestors that had supposedly travelled to Germany centuries ago, Elliott Kors was easy on the eyes.

Elliott finally got Jace to release him when he reached back and tugged his collar away from Jace's fingers. He turned around and shoved Jace enough for him to step back two steps. "The hell, dude? What's your problem?"

I knew that if I didn't stop him, Elliott would make this situation go from bad to worse fast. He was easily annoyed.

And if what Owens had told me yesterday about Jace was true than Elliott didn't stand a chance. He didn't really go into much detail, but he said that Jace wasn't the person I remembered him as before. Something had happened in the past four years that made my father trust him with my safety.

I rushed forward and grabbed Elliott's arm before he could try anything, casting a warning glare at Jace to tell him to step down and that I had everything handled. I didn't need him blowing his cover and messing everything up for me right now.

"Elliott, let's go," I said with an edge to it so that he would take me seriously.

"No, let me deal with this guy first." Elliott didn't spare me a glance at all. His eyes were solely on Jace, piercing him with a glare.

And Jace? He had the nerve to actually wear a smirk on his face as if he was egging Elliott on.

"Let's just go!" I snapped, feeling the pressing gaze of everyone on us, as the whispers started.

I knew what was happening. Everyone was already giving their thoughts on what they thought had happened. By the end of the day, there would be a story going around.

I heard someone say something about a love triangle and how I was leading both guys on. Someone else said something about never seeing Jace before and how he had suddenly just picked a fight with Elliott.