15. Stifling Reunions

SONG : YOUNG - BAEKHYUN FT. LOCO

•••|||•••

As I studied the faces that were looking at me with incredulity, all I could think of was reaching between the space separating Jace and I and landing a hard punch on his face.

I was pissed.

Beyond pissed actually.

How could he possible think that he had every right to bring me here without my permission? Why hadn't he mentioned it to me so that I could refuse him or at the very least prepare myself for what was to happen?

This was the same as throwing a nonswimmer into the deepest part of the pool or leaving a fully grown man in a cage of ravenous lion's with only broken beer bottle in hand for defense.

I didn't know what to do.

In the past four years, I had gone through many scenarios of what would happen when I ran into everyone again.

However, none of those scenarios included Jace being the one who brought me to them.

I didn't know how to feel at that moment, my emotions were a mess. In one instance, I was angry and annoyed that Have had brought me to the Burns mansion without my permission. However, on the other hand, I was partly happy and relieved because I was finally meeting with the people that was there with me throughout my childhood.

I had seen Dylan that one time last year and given that his face was plastered all over the media, I moved past him as I studied the person next to him.

Evan Queens didn't look the least bit different from what I remembered of him. His hair was still it usual messy mess on his head that most people would describe as sexy bed hair. And he still looked like the guy who liked to flirt and party all night long.

Douglas watched me with a confused smile and I knew it had to do with the fact that I had just told him that I needed space a couple of days ago. He looked like the same Douglas that I remembered, however at the same time he looked like he had matured.

He, like me, had had the knack for appearing in the social headlines for doing something outrageous like rubbing a Lamborghini into a 7/11. Over the years, I had noticed that he did that more often and after losing my mom, I slowly understood what he was going through.

Like my dad, Sebastian Burns was a workaholic which made me connect more with Douglas than I had expected.

However, the Douglas that looked back at me gave me a different vibe. It looked like he wasn't the type to detrimentally affect their stock prices anymore.

Next to him was a brunette that looked to be an inch or two shorter than me that studied with curiosity as she held onto Douglas' left arm. She tiptoed and whispered into Douglas' ears before watching me again.

Douglas said something back to her without breaking his gaze from me.

The other stranger that was present, I knew from the pictures and articles that had been written about her. ever since her first movie with Dylan, she had blown up and was one of the current actresses that was sought after.

Alexandra Hunt looked much better than she did in pictures. She had this confidence that overflowed with the way she held herself and stood. She looked like the type that would fight til her last breTh for something she believed in.

In a way, if the rumors that I've heard of her were true, she and I would get along well.

Then, my eyes drifted and settled on the last person there.