16. Jace's Stupid Idea

SONG : WE YOUNG -
CHANYEOL x SEHUN

•••|||•••

I don't know how long we stood there and hugged one another.

I was just so glad that everything seemed to be going better than I had expected it to be going.

Everyone was more glad to have me back in their lives and that was something that I just couldn't help but feel so grateful for.

In the past four years, I had missed them much more than I could have ever let on.

Even when any news of Dylan popped up, I would read it and wonder how everyone was doing. When news of Douglas came up about how he had gotten arrested for a DUI or how he had punched a paparazzi in the face, I would smile sadly because I knew that no one truly understood why he had gotten the way he had.

Georgia started laughing, her body shaking as she pulled away from me. Her face was bright as she stared back at me and continued laughing.

"What?" I asked, cracking a smile because I had never expected that I would be laughing along with her this way ever again after what I had done.

"Isn't it silly how much time we wasted because we both thought that the other person didn't want to have anything to do with us?" she asked as she reached up and wiped the tears that had escaped out of the corner of her eyes. "I mean, I was thinking that you were mad and didn't want anything to do with us at all. That's why I didn't try to reach out to you."

I frowned slightly, feeling guilty. "It wasn't your fault," I said after a couple of seconds. "It wasn't anyone's fault honestly, except for mine."

Georgia furrowed her brows together. "Why is it your fault?"

"Because I'm  the one who stopped talking to everyone just because I couldn't handle hearing the truth from Jace. Just because I couldn't stand knowing that he didn't like me like that, I shut all of you out of my life."

Georgia reached over and hugged my shoulders tightly as she smiled down at me, having four inches as an advantage. "Don't think like that, Phil. Never blame yourself. No one here blames you. We all understand you." She squeezed my shoulders gently in a comforting gesture before she continued, "Jace didn't handle that situation the way he should've handled it. In fact, he was just being a plain ass."

I smiled sadly. "Let's not talk about it anymore," I suggested. "All it does is bring back memories that I'd rather forget."

Georgia smiled in agreement. "I agree. Let's leave the past in the past and move on. So," she wiggled her brows playfully, "who's the cute guy you were kissing back in Paris?"

I frowned at her, confused only momentarily until I remembered the stranger I had kissed back in Wanderlust. "It's a long story," I said after scoffing.

"We have four years to catch up on. Of course it's long."

After we joined everyone back in the living room, we started catching up on the four years that we had all lost because of a misunderstanding.

I told everyone about my school life and about Elliott and Chloe and how they were great friends. I told everyone almost everything except for the one that I knew everyone wanted to ask about but didn't have the nerve to bring up, my mother.

Then Dylan and Alex filled me in on their relationship and how it had started. They confirmed that what was going around about how Alex didn't know who Dylan was when they met as being a fact and I teased him endlessly for it. Dylan prided himself as being the next Flynn Mathers and he had always told us of that.