||5||

•Chapter Five•
Dinner Interruptions
(ASGARD)

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Loki stalked down the hallway, a frown on his lips. Servants in the corridor moved swiftly out of his way, but it wasn't them that caused his spout of anger. Though he was glad they made themselves scarce, if, by accident, he lost his temper.

Loki had been exercising an extreme amount of patience throughout the past weeks. He hated the council meetings, hated Lord Alder but yet he leased his tongue—his anger.

The Allfather would not hesitate to throw Loki back into the dungeons if he acted out of line, so ordering him to be present at the council meetings was just another test. Even after a year of proving himself, he had not been given the benefit of the doubt. Though despite his anger, he would play this game. He'd play along so he could protect both his sister and the love of his life.

All for the sake of Lorien and Sigyn.

Loki shook his head, jaw clenching.

He rounded a corner and all of his frustration faded away. A soft smile greeted him, and then her beautiful red hair. Loki couldn't help but smile himself.

"Sigyn." He greeted.

"Loki."

~*~

LORIEN'S P.O.V

"I say we discuss this over dinner." Tony suggested, bounding up from the spot he had taken on the couch. Natasha rolled her eyes but no one disagreed. I hadn't realized how late it had gotten since we had been waiting for everyone to get to the tower. Looking out through the enormous bay windows of the living room, the sky had been painted with the colors of the setting sun.

"Who's turn is it to cook?" Clint asked.

Tony just shrugged, "I was thinking Shawarma, no one has to cook then."

"This will literally be the sixth time this week you've suggested Shawarma, and it's Thursday." Natasha hissed, crossing her arms over her chest. Alrekr and Tove both gave be a helpless, confused look.

I nearly laughed, realizing how much I had missed the Avenger's exchanges. I shrugged myself before quickly explaining to my friends what Shawarma was.

"Actually, someone would be cooking it. Just not your lazy rear." Clint murmured, Tony sent a glare in his direction before pulling his phone out of his back pocket.

"Besides the obvious, any objections to Shawarma?" Tony asked. Behind him, Steve's friend Bucky, raised his hand with a stupid grin on his face.

Tony sighed, not even turning around. "Barnes, put your hand down. We both know you only put it up to piss me off."

"Actually—"

"—no." Tony cut him off. I smirked, I'm starting to think that I might like this Bucky.

"Perhaps you should choose something else, seeing that this would be Lorien's friend's first meal on Earth?" Steve suggested, Tony sent another glare in his direction. And then he looked at me and raised his phone to his ear.