||8||

•Chapter Nine•
Into the City
(NEW YORK CITY)

*A little fore-word about this chapter as well as the other chapters taking place in the city. I am not a Native of New York or the Manhattan area. I have been there before but I am anything but an expert about the city. I have done research for this book to keep it as realistic as possible but there are still going to be mistakes. I am open to comments regarding any mistakes I may make. Just keep them positive please*
😊
*Also, I'd like to say that this is a filler chapter with a lot of skips...sorry in advance.*

Once we both calmed down, I, with great hesitancy, told Tove about what we had discussed over breakfast.  I explained that Natasha had offered to go shopping with us and I also explained that we were going were leaving the bush part of the city so the place we'd be at wouldn't be so crowded.

I also made sure that Tove knew that if she started to get overwhelmed or anxious, to tell me and we could go home.  After a moment, Tove decided that she wanted to go. 

And that's how we ended up heading back to the living room.

Most of the Avengers had left, either to go back to their rooms to get ready for the day or some of them left on business. Nat had found a perch beside Clint on one of the couches and Käro stood staring at Tony from across the room. And it seemed was enjoying himself immensely—Tony, not so much.

"I don't know what I did," Tony whined, "but please restrain your guard dog, kid."

I crossed my arms, "that guard dog has a name and I'm not his boss."

Tony only glared at me. "Don't act like you didn't tell him to weird me out. F.R.I.D.A.Y hears all."

I gave Tony a small smirk before shooting past him, Tove on my tail, towards Nat and Clint.  Alrekr was no where to be seen.

"Where's Alrekr?"  I asked, Clint turned his head to look at me.  Nay shifted her attention to Tove, giving her a soft smile.

"I sent him back to his room to put his sword away.  I told him that unlike on Asgard, Earth doesn't take well to people carrying around swords."  Clint said. 

Käro snorted, finally releasing Tony from his torment.  He jumped up on the opposite couch and laid down.  From the look on Tony's face, I'm glad looks can't kill.

"So, when Alrekr gets back, we can go?"  I asked.  Nat gave be a quick nod as Tony walked up beside me.  He reached back and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket.  He flipped it open and pulled sometime of credit card from it, holding it out for me to see.

"I'm letting you use this," he started, staring me down seriously, "if you loose it or spend money on stupid crap, remember that I know where you sleep, munchkin."

I reached out to grab it but before I could, he jerked his hand back and handed the card to Natasha.

"She's holding on to it." 

I squinted at him and folded my arms across my chest.  "I find your lack of trust disturbing."

Tony shook his head at me, waving his finger disapprovingly.