||28||

•CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT•
Dena is Deadly
(ASGARD)

Lord Malki was fuming when they landed inside of Loki's room. It was on the complete other side of the palace from where Frigga, and hopefully Sigyn, were. But it was the only place he knew with absolute certainty, had no prying ears—or eyes.

"Alder is damned insane," Malki growled, stalking across the large room. He whipped back to Loki, "does he not care of the death toll on Midgard? The Draugar cannot be controlled."

Loki clenched his jaw, his mind racing with worry for Lorien. He watched Malki's own face contort in concern for his own son. Loki hadn't forgotten how the lord's cool exterior had broken, and how he had snapped.

"We do what we must here. We take back Asgard, cut Alder off." Loki stared and Malki stared at him.

"What of my son? You sister? Lady Koa?"

Loki frowned, "We do not worry about them. We can not. We have to trust they are safe and doing what is needed on their end. Lady Koa is with them as well as my brother's friends. At this moment, even with the Draugar, I can not think of a safer place for them."

Malki went silent, still staring at Loki.

"For Valhalla's sake, I hope you are right."

***

Finding his mother and Sigyn were Loki's first priority.  Once he found them, Thor was the next step—and then Alder was dead.  That Frost Giant sorcerer, Nydri, was dead.

Now getting to the other side of the palace, without being spotted, would possibly be a challenge.

Loki wasn't sure if Nydri would be able to pick up on his magic, meaning teleporting that far was out of the question—and using the servant corridors were too after Malki brushed them off.  Using them, he explained, put too many innocents at risk.  If they were caught—or if the servants saw them, and Alder discovered that they did not inform him...

Malki didn't want to risk it.

Besides, Loki had snuck around the palace plenty of times as a child to know how to maneuver through it's great halls without being spotted. 

The only problem would be the throne room—once through there, they would have a straight shot to Frigga's room. And as Loki and Malki stood outside of the throne room doors, the former took a deep breath before teleporting them past the guards.

They both slowed and instantly went still at the soft sound of voices. Alder was speaking with someone—a guard perhaps.  Loki couldn't tell from his angle but by the way the Noble addressed him, it was enough to confirm his theory.

So close, Loki thought, he was so close.  A simple throwing blade to his throat would end this all.

But what of Nydri?  What would the sorcerer do once his master was killed and he was unleashed?  He was looking for someone, Loki then remembered.  Alder wasn't so much as holding his lease, as he was bargaining that he could get him whoever this Eisa was.

Loki could play that against him.  Turn Nydri against Alder.

That would be a more fitting death for Alder than just a simple dagger.