||43||

•Chapter Forty-Three•
Home Sweet Home
(MIDGARD)

It had been discussed and decided. Natasha, Bucky, Steve, Wanda, Tove, and Koa would be traveling to Asgard. The group—though larger than intended—had been preparing all afternoon and finally regrouped in one of the compound's rec rooms.

Natasha stood with her arms crossed as the Lady Koa repeated what Heimdal had told her.

"Heimdall is summoning a great amount of dark energy to bring us to Asgard. This trip will be unstable. Do not let go. It is untelling where we might end up."

Bucky frowned, "so regardless if we hold on or let go, we don't know where we're going to end up?"

"Well," Natasha drawled, "holding on means Asgard together, letting go means some place random alone...I'm taking my chances with the Asgardian."

Bucky shrugged, lips pursing, "you've got a point."

Wanda, who had been silent since Natasha had asked her to come, looked between the others.  To Natasha, and then to Koa.  Her accented words rolling off her tongue as she asked, "do we, like, just hold hands?"

Tony snorted from across the room.

"You guys are going to look like some occult group or something."

Natasha rolled her eyes and stuck out her hands—one to Tove to her right and one to Wanda on her left.  Neither objected, taking her hands before lifting their open hands with who stood beside them.  This continued until they were all connected.

Koa looked among them, "is everyone ready."

A chorus of 'yes' followed and she nodded.

Then, she began to open her mouth, Natasha assumed to call for Heimdal, but not a sound left her mouth before it hit.

Natasha's feet left the ground and her hands instantly tightened on Tove's and Wanda's. A swirl of colors ripped around her, much like the Bifrost had, but these weren't beautiful. They were harsh and blinding, flashing from every direction to the point Natasha forced her eyes shut. Her stomach dropped when she heard Tove scream beside her.

It wasn't pained—it was scared.

Natasha locked her hand around the girl's wrist. She was not going to let her go.

Then the ground came. Natasha's knees buckled, but she didn't fall. She steadied herself and then looked to Tove. The girl was adjusting but she was paler than usual.

"Everyone still with us?" Steve called out.

"Here," Natasha panted. Tove whined beside her.

"Alive," Wanda drawled.

"Accounted for," Koa mused.

Bucky coughed, "slowly dying."

"Buck," Steve warned at his friend's sarcasm. A smile drew at Natasha's lips as she looked up.

And realized she hadn't a clue to where they were.

She had only been to Asgard once, but it didn't look anything like where they were suppose to be.