Chapter 1: The first step

There she is...

...Taeko Yamada.

Well she wasn't that hard to find, she was at the water fountain in the center of the school, reading a book like always.

Well time to make a first impression...

As Taeko stood up and started walking away, I "accidentally" tripped in front of her. Taeko immediately stopped walking and ran up to me.

"Are you alright? Let me help you!" Taeko said, extending her hand to help me.

"Thanks, I'm alright." I said, grabbing her hand.

I can't believe she fell for that! Well at least she bothered to help me up. She could have been a complete *ss and ignored me.

"That's good." Taeko said. "My name is Taeko Yamada from class 3-2. What's you're name?"

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N) from class 2-1. Nice to meet you Yamada-senpai." I said with a fake smile.

"Please just call me Taeko-chan!" Taeko said. "Say, aren't you Miss Matchmaker Ai-chan?"

Why can't I talk to ONE person at this school without that getting brought up?!

"That's just what people started calling me. Please just call me (Y/N)-chan." I said, trying to hide my irritation. "Let's be friends!"

No seriously, if I have to be addressed as Miss Matchmaker all the time I'm going to go around stabbing things with my katana. I'm okay with being called Ai-chan but not all the time.

"Alright! I don't have many female friends!" Taeko said.

(Sarcastic tone) Gee...I wonder why...?

Taeko and I exchanged phone numbers before going to our classes. As soon as I sat at my desk Ayato walked up to me.

"How's you're progress so far?" Ayato asked.

I just started and he already expects me to make some progress?! It's not like I have a love potion or something.

"I got Taeko-chan's phone number." I said as I dug through my bag for my sketchbook.

Ayato's eyes widened and he brought his face close to mine.

"Y-You did?! Can you give me her number?!" Ayato asked.

I gently push his face away from mine, wanting my personal space.

"I can, but you can't text or call her right away." I said.

"Why not?" Ayato asked.

"You never spoken to her before right?" I asked.

Ayato nodded.

"Then it would seem weird if she gets a call or text from you." I said. "I managed to befriend her. So after you guys talk to each other you can say I gave you her number and it wouldn't seem weird."

"Oh... I see." Ayato said.

Just then the teacher walked into the classroom. Ayato rushed to his seat before the teacher started the lesson.

I didn't feel like paying attention since the subject that was being taught was pretty much review to me. I just drew in my sketchbook the entire time.

As soon as it was lunch time I grabbed my bento and disappeared from the other student's eyes. I then proceeded to make my way to a certain club room. With no one around, I walked inside the club room.

What club was it, you ask?

Well the Info club of course.

"I see that you got yourself another request, Ai-chan." Info-kun said, turning his head in my direction.