Chapter 4: When life gives you marshmallows... you make s'mores

"(L/N)-san wins this round." The kendo teacher said. "Practice is over for today. You are all dismissed."

I took my helmet off. I seems that everyone wants to beat me today.

It's a shame that Takumi wasn't here today, I wanted to up against someone really challenging. Well it's not that I can't beat him, but we're pretty evenly matched. I wanted to see if we could finally break our tie, but that never seems to happen.

Although I did cheat a bit once by purposely twisting my ankle just to strike him down but that's another story.

After changing back into my school uniform, Ami, one of the kendo members and a friend of mine, was waiting for me.

"(Y/N)-chan, are you busy today?" Ami asked.

"Not really, why?" I asked.

"Wanna go to the cafe in town with me? I'll buy you you're favorite dessert!" Ami asked.

Well, as long as free food is involved...

"Sure." I agreed.

Ami and I walked to the cafe. The two of us sat down at a table near the window.

"May I take you're order?"

Ami and I looked up to see a boy with brown hair, green eyes, and a cheery smile. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I've seen him before.

"Oh, you go to Akademi High School too?" The boy asked, looking at me.

"Yeah." I said.

"I see! My name is Amao Odayaka, I'm Leader of the cooking club!" Amao said.

That's where I know him from! And if I remember correctly, he's another one of Ayato's rivals.

"Nice to meet you Odayaka-senpai!" I said, putting on my nice person act. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N)!"

"I think I've heard of you!" Amao said. "You're Miss Matchmaker Ai-chan right?"

#$%&?! For once I want someone from the same school as me to NOT bring that up during an introduction.

"(Y/N)-chan... A matchmaker...?" Ami mumbled to herself. She goes to a different school so she doesn't know about the rumors about me.

"Please just call me (Y/N)-chan!" I said, trying so hard not to lose my temper while smiling.

"Okay then, you can call me Amao-kun!" Amao said cheerfully smiling. "Oh that's right! I still have to take you're order's. My apologies!"

You know if the saying "you are what you eat" was true, Amao must eat a lot of sugar... Probably just pure marshmallows... There overly sweet all alone...

"I want a double chocolate pudding parfait!" Ami said, trying to hold in her laughter.

"I'll have (favorite dessert) please." I said with my usual fake smile.

"Alright! I'll be back with you're order's!" Amao said with a smile.

Yup, definitely marshmallows... Overly sweet...lonely...stomach sickening...marshmallows...

As soon as Amao left, Ami bursted out laughing.

"(Y/N)-chan! A matchmaker! Ha! That's hilarious!!!" Ami laughed, pointing at me. "The only love kind of love you care for is anime relationships!"

"Oh shut up you perv..." I said, dropping my nice person act since Ami already knows my true personality. Of course, no one else around us seemed to noticed.