✓ || 1/4 cup sugar

"If that's the case, then what is the square root of x meters?" A small happy grin was hanging on your face, focusing your sight on your so called study buddy. Gleeful shrieks were heard a dozen of steps away from the two of you, immediately knowing that it was his mom, probably joyful for the fact that her son is serious in his education.

 When you were sure that she wasn't checking, you stopped your buddy buddy act before massaging your jaw due to the stinging feeling it got from the forceful smiles you were giving whenever Mrs. Saiki takes a look at your progress.

"How many more days are we supposed to do this?" You gritted your teeth against each other, your hands playing with the blank paper that Kusuo's mother thought was a handout. He was silent, not bothering to respond with your obvious question. Truth be told, it was already weeks since you started this session and because of how much stressed you are everytime you spend almost 12 hours in the Saiki household, you haven't noticed the days slipping out from your own grip.

The more depressing fact is that you never actually made your relationship with the pink haired boy any closer. Everytime you tried opening up to him, he only would give you a nod, stare or a shrug as a response even if the question's not answerable with a yes or no.

After what seemed like an eternity, the sun finally started setting for the night, thus giving you a cue to go home already. You suddenly stood up, your knee causing the center table move.. although it hurt you when it hit the wooden furniture, you couldn't care less but to just go home already.

"Adios amigo!" You muttered confidently, sticking out your tongue towards the boy just like what you do whenever it's time for you to depart from his house as if you won't be coming back tomorrow. Kusuo just rolled his eyes in annoyance, resting his back against the comfortable cushioned sofa waiting for you to finally leave him alone. 

He hated the fact that you made his summer break worse, giving him no time to be alone by his self. Even though a part of him was grateful that he wouldn't have to deal with the raven haired girl that was obsessed with him, he was still quite discontented that he had to spend his supposed free time with a girl who only thinks of weird unidentified songs that was dependent to her mood. Currently, the song that he's been hearing from your mind is some kind of a opening theme for a cartoon for it has only said the words Ed, Edd and Eddy in it, followed by a numerous seconds of non stop whistling.

The clock's hour hand stroke at 6 and you swear that was the happiest moment for that day, same with the other ones for the past weeks. His mother was currently taking a catnap on their bedroom while his father was still at work but you can't wait to leave anymore so you just asked Kusuo to bid a goodbye to them for you. 

You skipped happily towards the door, your heart fluttering when you finally took a step outside. You decided to go buy an ice cream as a reward for surviving another day.

Kusuo heaved in a deep breath, happiness slowly consuming him for he finally has a few hours left to enjoy his day without your presence. When he stood up from his seat, a rattling sound immediately caught his attention. He whipped his head towards the direction of the sound and to his horror it was none other than his worst fear...the six legged menace also known as a cockroach.

As if on cue, he teleported towards his room and locked his self in there. His chest was going up and down, scared with what he just saw a few seconds ago. 

"Yare yare.. that was close.."

Back to you.. You were quite puzzled on why your pocket was empty. When the cashier asked what flavor you wanted to have, you excused yourself, asking for an apology for you have left something very important. It was then you decided to go back to the Saiki household to get your wallet back.

When you arrived to the front porch, you couldn't help but mumble things that no one could even understand out of annoyance. You were confused on why the door was unlocked but still went in anyway.

The house was quite silent so maybe Kusuo went to bed already. You can't blame him though since the weather's really nice that it makes you sleepy even if it was still early. You made your way towards the living room where you and him had the study session and thankfully, the wallet was just there. 

Before you could take ahold of your precious possession, a certain insect was lying comfortably on top of it. A grunt went pass your lips, releasing a sigh afterwards.

"Geez.. what am I going to do with you."

Kusuo, who heard a song similar to what he has been reading from your thoughts a few moments ago, sat up from his bed. Through his clairvoyant ability, he was able to monitor what was going on in the living room, only to see you stuffing your wallet inside your bag. His mood seemed to brighten up as he couldn't see any signs of the disease carrying intruder.

Deciding that you are deserving for some credits on getting rid of the insect, he ran towards the said room, catching you before you could completely exit. For what seems for the fifth time this day, you were again confused in his sudden appearance. He then bowed as a symbol of thank you to you over and over again.

"Umm.. What are you doing?" He gave you no response, instead, he pointed his finger towards the living room, giving you a hint on what he was talking about. When you finally had an idea on what it is, a bright proud smile climbed towards your face as you started looking for an object in your small pack bag. 

After a couple of seconds, you revealed a seemingly decade-old yet clean mason jar containing the lively cockroach. You figured out that it would be too cruel to kill the insect so you placed it inside the said container that you found just outside their house and decided to just let it go when you reach quarter a kilometer away from the household.

 "You mean this? Nah, it's nothing." Kusuo's eyes dilated from the sight of it still alive and just a few inches away from his face. He suddenly felt dizzy, his head swirling which then caused him to became stunned. You were rattled on his sudden unconsciousness, scratching your head in the process.

'The hell did I just do?'