✓ || 1 night of lights

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。  

"I'm going to name it George." You admiringly trailed while looking at the live fish swimming inside a not so small plastic container that Kusuo won in a game. 

He can't say anything that contradicts to your statement though since he knew that your main reason on agreeing to go to the carnival with him is  that you wanted a pet fish in return.

"That sounds.. fine." He mumbled, trying his best to act like he actually agrees to your naming skills. You seemed to be so satisfied with it as you took another glance on the colorful fish, your face now decorated with a bright smile that made him stare at you.

"He looks like George Pig! I just want to squish him!" He blinked his eyes in confusion, not having any idea who this George Pig is but he felt that it would be best if he just left you alone with your weird comparisons.

'Geez.. How does a fish and a pig look the same?'  

It has been an hour since the two of you arrived in the light infested carnival yet the only thing that you accomplished was getting a guppy. It might be kind of awkward for the two of you to not have the casual arguments, but at least you're having fun.

"Ferris wheel." You jumped a little upon hearing his sudden suggestion. One of his slender fingers pointed towards the said ride and you can't help but to laugh at his gesture. It was as if he was a 3-year old asking permission from his mother to have an ice cream.

"Nope. George might be afraid of heights." Kusuo glared at you for being so illogical. You just gave him one of your signature grin while pinching his cheek with your free hand.

"And besides... Don't you think Ferris wheel is kind of an overrated ride for a date?" The mere mention of the word date tickled a soft spot in his face as he remembered the reason why the two of you were here. He cleared his throat before looking away, avoiding to directly stare at you.

"Let's go for the carousel instead!"

"What are you? A 5-year old?" He remarked, earning an eye roll from you in return. You just ignored his statement and marched towards the attention catching colorful mechanical ponies, Kusuo trailing you from behind.

"Pay for me." You almost bounced up and down due to excitement. He just let out an annoyed sigh while handing the ticket seller some cash. After the lady gave both of you the admission to enter the ride, you sprinted towards the large unicorn and sat directly, George still resting in his plastic container in which you are holding on your right hand.

Kusuo just simply followed you, eyeing for any free seats that were located close to you. 

"YAYYYY! START THE--"Your sentence was discontinued as you felt something warm placed against your back, later realizing that it was Kusuo's chest leaning against it.

"H-hey! What the hell do you think are you doing?" You felt his arms slowly wrapping around your waist as he pulled you even closer towards him to minimize the space that was taken in the single mechanical unicorn.

You wanted to punch him but unfortunately, George was comfortably resting on your hand and all you could do with your left hand was to pinch his arm in which he didn't even flinch to.

"There's no other vacant seat. And I paid for two tickets so don't expect me to waste it by waiting for you to finish this ride." You gritted your teeth while trying so hard to hide the embarrassment you were currently feeling. 

Your body began to tensed up as his breath just tickled its way on the back of your neck. His arms around your waist began to tighten, the heaving of his chest now completely being felt by you as you fell silent, the carousel now starting to move.

"Are you alright?" He suddenly asked out of nowhere, your flustered expression now even visible as he inched his face closer, his chin placed gently above your head.

"What do you think?" You grunted, your sight directed upwards to see whatever his expression is. 

"I'm the one asking you." You elbowed his stomach for his rude response. The end of his lips slightly curled with your reaction as he found it amusing.

"I am not afraid to jump from here and bruise myself just to get away from you." 

"So you're willing to hurt George?" You pursed your lips, running out of things to spat to him. The temperature of your face rose another degree, leaving you no choice but to wait for the ride to finish.

'Clever dork.' You thought to yourself which Kusuo surprisingly heard. Although, this was not the first time that he actually heard clear words from your thoughts besides the unknown weird songs that were determining your current emotions, he was still amazed by your silly statement about him.

The small smile that was hanging on his lips slightly became wider as he continued to observe your childish reactions towards him physically attaching his self to you.

After a minute or so, the ride was finally done. You felt your heart skipped a beat due to so much happiness as you shrug Kusuo's arms away from your waist before happily climbing down the mechanical unicorn.

"YAYYYY! I'M FREE!" You skipped your way out of the carousel area, earning a lot of stares from the other people who you were too busy too mind. Kusuo just shook his head, kind of enjoying your slightly positive outburst.

You mindlessly ran as far as you could from him, your eyes now focused on the cotton candies displayed on the booths infested area.

"Oi, Kusuo! Feed me with one of those!" You muttered a little loudly to let him hear you, however no response was given.

You halted your steps, checking if he was still following you. Your eyes widened as your breathing started to hitch upon realizing that he was nowhere to be seen. 

You were not used in strolling alone in the night and you are not certainly used in strolling on an unfamiliar place with hundreds of people swarming around you. You felt your mind went blank as you start to find breathing a very hard task to do.

'Where are you.. Where are you..' You repeatedly chanted in your mind, your eyes scanning each and every corner in desperation to find him, your heart seemingly racing with the heaving of your chest.

A sudden warmth brushed against your arm before someone held your hand gently. You shifted your gaze to see Kusuo now standing beside you and for some reason you felt really happy.

"I'm here.. Please stop worrying... I'm not going to leave you" You parted your lips, ready to scold him but was stopped when you realized that it was basically your fault.

You tightened your grip with his hand before wrapping your arms around him, your head now resting on his chest.

"I know you won't..."