✓ || 3 pieces of roses

It's the first few days of fall and you haven't been this excited in your whole life. The soothing sound of orange tinted leaves crushed underneath your feet, relaxing you while heading towards school. 

You weren't looking forward in spending half of your day listening to your teachers who seems to not even understand what they were talking about. You were excited for you can already feel the Holiday season almost on their way in knocking to each of the citizen's door to bring joy around the place. You may not be spending the cold yet warm season with your family which you were wishing to be with so much, at least you were kind of convinced that before Christmas, Kusuo will finally give in and be your ticket in going back home.

You sure do wish he doesn't continue to act like some stone hearted chap tho.. 

Along the green grassy pavement of the road, your attention was snatched from you when an attractive pigmented flowers hiding in a bush came into view. You were quite uncertain on how such breathtaking beauties took a living in a rather harsh environment and in the middle of a season that would somehow grant death to their dear lives.

It was then an idea came up to your mind; these plants need someone to take good care of them before winter comes. You glanced at your wristwatch to check on the time and fortunately, there's still a lot of minutes left. You carefully cut them on the right part of the stem to avoid damaging it, which you saw on the television once. You then took a bunch of scratch papers from your bag before wrapping the flowers gently with it, sprinkling enough amount of water to keep its moisture.

"Welp, I hope the people I will give you to will take good care of you."

After what seems like forever, the slightly annoying yet heartwarming ring of the bell circled all over the school grounds. Howls and cheers from the different parts of the school can be heard due to the fact that it's gonna be weekend again starting tomorrow.

With a deep breath, your fingers traced the kind of soggy paper that wrapped around the delicate features of the roses before you picked them up. You stood up from the wooden furniture that you sat on for who knows how long and marched towards the boy that brings you to good mood every single day.

"Nendou! Can I talk to you for a sec?" A buoyant painted face glanced over at you and as if on cue, jogged towards your direction. 

It didn't took you long enough to explain to him on what your plan is, surprisingly he understood it very well. A wide beam was knitted on your lips as you watched Nendou gently place the red flower on the palm of his hand. 

You went to look for the next individual you assigned the plant to, only to be found by him first. The light blue haired gentleman had this excited features designing his face once he saw you walking towards him.

"Hey (Y/N)-chan, what are you planning to do this weeke---"

"I want you to have this." You cut his sentence with a sudden offer which caused a light hue of adorable red to spread over his pale fluffy cheeks while peering at the flower that settled on your hand. Your eyes slowly widened in his reaction, realizing that he probably got the wrong idea.

"T..That's so sweet of y-you" Despite the embarrassment he was currently feeling, he joyfully took the rose and gave you another series of shaky happy smiles.

"Take good care of it--"

"O-Ofcourse!" With a nervous yet excited shriek, he skipped his way towards outside the classroom without giving you a chance to explain to him what you were actually talking about. You just shrugged your shoulders, letting him see the scenario however he wanted it to be.. besides, you're not that mean to burst his happy bubble.

"And this last one goes to..." Your sight shifted from left to right, looking for a particular strawberry haired boy. You were actually planning to give this one to Mera, but she seemed to already took off maybe to her part time job or something.

"Oi." With that simple word, if you consider it as one, Kusuo's attention was grabbed. Upon realizing that it was you who called him, his mood immediately dropped. He shouldn't have wore his germanium ring. If he didn't, he might have a chance on identifying that you were getting closer due to the weird songs that he can hear from your thoughts.

"Here. Please take care of it." You did your best to not sound off and suggestive. You don't want it to turn out like Kaidou's. Kusuo stared at you before eyeing the rose that was resting on his table. The plain wooden design came sort of alive because of how the beauty of the simple flower adorned it.

Before you could hear his response, he stood up from the chair and without a word, walked out of the classroom. He didn't know why he did that, but he just felt like he needed to. 

A disappointed sigh crawled out of your lips while taking a look at the poor rose. As you inched your hand closer to pick it, your name was suddenly called out from the PA system, asking for you to head to your club's room.

"I'll be back for you." You spoke out to the flower as if it could hear you before sprinting towards the room.

Kusuo, on the other hand, felt something weird consuming him deep inside. The feeling was so foreign that he can't recall any event that caused him to feel like this. Is it his conscience? Guilt?

He halted his steps before taking a u-turn. He can't believe his own self for acting like this. When he reached the classroom, he still saw the fragile object peacefully displayed on the top of his seat. 

Softly, his fingers touched its thorny stem and brought it closer to his face, inspecting it closely. He pursed his lips as he continued to stare at its fascinating features. He took off his ring to feel more of its mesmerizing texture which for some reason, he found very interesting. With the flower now on his hand, he went out of the room before anyone could see him.

The club meeting finally adjourned causing for you to heave in a deep breath. For the second time this day, you ran towards where you left your things along with the rose. You hope no one found it and threw it on the trash can.

Upon arriving in the said room, the view of the flower was now nowhere to be found, instead a rather familiar ring was now the one resting on the place where you last saw it. You got ahold of the accessory and examined it. You remembered someone wearing it earlier this day...

Kusuo.

"Huh.. he must have left this." It was then a sudden realization hit you... He must have came back for the rose then.

The feeling of happiness ruled all over your body as you can't seem to stop smiling, your sight still stuck on the ring you were currently holding.

"Nice move, Kusuo. Nice one.."