✓ || 3 little white lies

It was expected that Kusuo would spill his identity to you but what was not predicted is that nothing happened right after that event. You actually expected some kind of dramatic smoke or lightning of some sort which always happens in overrated fantasy movies but not one of it came.

You pondered heavily on your mind on the possible effects of his confession towards you. Unfortunately, you were too occupied with so much thoughts that you forgot the fact that Kusuo could actually hear it clearly. 

And thus spurt out another problem; Him ending up questioning you on what you meant by the book. Although you were scared, you still took courage to explain to him since there's no point of making up any excuses for he could still detect your plan just by merely reading your thoughts.

You readied yourself for any judgement he would spat on you since you sounded so illogical. You know so well that he's too smart to believe stuff like you're from another dimension.. Well, atleast you were honest.

But for some unidentified reason, Kusuo just looked at you, his lips slowly curling into a small smile. It seems that he already knew what you were thinking.. that he would say that you're some sort of an idiot who officially lost its senses.

He inched his fingers closer towards your forehead before flicking it. The stinging pain made you growl at him, your hand now placed on that certain area of your head to reduce the ache.

"(Y/N).. The fact that I basically control this universe is already messed up... Now that you've mentioned it... it actually explains a lot.. From why you don't heal when you get hurt to why I can't really predict the things that you're gonna do."

You blinked your eyes consecutively, confusion trailing behind it. This was the first time that he spoke to you with so much words in one statement.. Although he didn't moved his lips, the words that he wanted you to hear was clearly expressed in your mind.

Your breathing finally eased knowing that everything is fine for now.. It's nice to think that there were no secrets the two of you are hiding between one another.. Everything might be moving too fast but what you really cared about is that you've got to spend more time with him.

It's been a week since that confession occurred... And it's been a week also when a new set of words suddenly appeared in the book. For some reason you were starting to get stressed out with the fact that it was all gibberish that even the not so trusty translators from the internet can't help you.

With a deep sigh, you rested your head on the slightly dusty arm of your chair, trying so hard to relax. It was a good thing that almost everybody already went by to their own business since it's dismissal, thus leaving you a peaceful time in your classroom.

"You alright?" A string of a very familiar and soothing voice went pass by your mind as you looked up to see Kusuo. You shook your head from left to right before giving to him the book which was opened to the page of the newly found words.

"It just came out so suddenly.. I don't have any idea what it meant." He slowly took the book from you as if it was that fragile, reading it afterwards. His eyebrow was raised, finding the writing really foreign to him.

He actually has to admit.. part of him calmed down since he figured out that this will be another clue that would bring you back home and none of you were able to identify what it is.. It might sound selfish of him yet he's not afraid to express the fact that he wants to be with you all the time.

"Wait.. didn't your mother mentioned that your brother will be visiting your home later?" He simply shrugged his shoulders upon hearing your question, automatically knowing why you asked it. You rolled your eyes before punching him playfully.

"Ask him about this please.. If he could understand it or something." You added, clasping your hands together. He just looked at you for a few seconds before turning his heels and started to walk away, leaving you.

You grit your teeth, releasing a groan afterwards.. it seems like it's really hard to convince him to help you.

Kusuo tightened his grip on your book before entering their living room where his older brother was doing whatever it is that only he can figure out.

"Oi, little brother! Didn't expect you to personally give me a welcome." A teasing grin was painted on Kusuke's face. Kusuo just ignored his remark, immediately shoving the opened book to him.

"What's this? You want me to decipher it?" Kusuo just simply nodded, a sign for Kusuke to start working. It was not later than 5 minutes when the blonde teen gave himself a satisfying pat on the shoulder and faced his younger brother.

"It says 'When he's ready to let go, that's the time she finally becomes free'... Wew.. I didn't know that you're into cheesy quotes, ototo" He snorted and coughed up some laughs leaving his brother pissed. 

Kusuo forcefully took the book from his brother's hand before exiting the house and deciding to give you a quick night visit. The cold evening wind left trails on his pale white skin as Kusuke's words circled annoyingly around his head. He knew too well what the message meant but for some reason.. he wished that he didn't. Once he arrived on your front porch, he wasted no time in placing soft knocks on your wooden door.

Upon hearing it, you groggily stood up from your couch and lazily walked towards the door to open it, mumbling inaudible words in the process. There you saw a tired looking Kusuo, the two-inch book resting peacefully on his hand.

"Hey, what are you doing here? It's already 9pm." He didn't spat off a single word and just went in upon hearing you sigh. You sat back on your sofa, Kusuo sitting beside you afterwards.

"So? Did your brother get anything?" He suddenly felt uncomfortable with your sudden questioning. Should he tell you? He wanted to... But something deep inside him is commanding him not to..

He locked his eyes on the ground, his lips straight while gripping on the book before shaking his head from left to right.

"Oh.. I see..." Your sight dropped on the book which was on his lap, mood dropping constantly.

As you tried to reach out for the book, Kusuo immediately placed it on the center table and took your hand instead. His hand was slightly cold yet soft, lifting your spirit up a bit.

You smiled at him, thinking that he understood you... He, on the other hand, was slowly consumed by guilt.

With a pang of pain clinging on his heart, he placed a peck on the top of your hand. He guided your head to lay on his lap gently, avoiding to look at you directly on the eye.

It was that night that he finally admitted to his self that..

..he will never be ready to let you go.