✓ || 1 good night

You clenched your eyes so tight that it was starting to feel numb. People started staring at you in bafflement and confusion due to your face now looking odd and weird.

Currently, you're spending your Saturday in a park where a legendary wishing fountain was said to be found. It was mentioned that if you wish something so bad, it will come true and now with your hopes risen up towards the roof, you are not going to risk the chances. However, you don't really know what to wish for...

that's why you're wishing for the Gods to give you a clue on what to wish.. 

...which is kind of a funny thing to ask to but no one could actually figure out what you're really thinking and how your mind works so no one has the rights to judge you for looking like an idiot in front of a century old fountain.

After thinking out loud the words that express the thing that you would like to receive, you drop a shining 100-yen coin before looking at your not so ideal reflection on the murky water, contemplating on how to consume a big bowl of cookie dough without suffering the consequences of having a diarrhea a few minutes later.

You shook the random thought away from your mind before deciding to go back to your place since the sun is getting ready to set. Excitement started to fill in your nerves slowly as you remembered that you rented a few action packed movies a day ago and is pretty pumped up to waste another night just to finish it.

The second movie just recently showed its end credits, the mild yet jolly tune playing in your ears as you stared at the screen. You swore you just felt your eyes twitch in frustration as you tried memorizing the names that was shown for no valid reason.

It's not because the movies that you watched were bad, it's just that you're too focused on a certain thought that it lost your focus on the movie thus resulting to you not understanding what it was about.

With a deep sigh, you turned your television set off, deciding that it would be best if you just rest. You groggily made your way towards your bedroom, your feet feeling kind of heavy due to it not used to walk for the past four hours.

Once you arrived in your most valued area of your little kingdom, you plopped on your bed, the cloth of its cover tickling your skin. Although your body was relaxed, your mind is acting the opposite of it.

With a messy mind full of unidentified thoughts, you glued your sight on the ceiling, blinking every two seconds to avoid dust from entering it. It was just that moment that you found yourself thinking about the movie you recently just witnessed.

You may not be entirely focused in watching it but a certain scene caught your attention that despite you not knowing what the characters were doing the past few minutes, that particular scene got buried in your memory.

It was the part when the main character got reconciled with the people that he loved...

Upon recalling it, a certain feeling was suddenly present in your chest that it made you fiddled with your thumbs in a desperate attempt to ignore it. It was then you realized that you actually missed them.

You already miss your friends... your family...

The book was not of great help according to Kusuo since he said that the newly found words were just gibberish... and you believed him... Ofcourse... he wouldn't lie to you...

Right?

You shifted your gaze towards your bedside table, trying so hard to erase the thoughts on your mind. Unfortunately, matters became worse as memories started flashing in; nostalgic, sweet memories that you and those special people created and cherished so dearly.

'I miss you..' You muttered in your head, slowly drifting to sleep. However, it was interrupted when a creak was heard.

You shot your eyes open, only to see a certain pink head crouching down to level at your eyes and look directly at it. Blood sped down towards your heart as it started to wildly beat due to complete confusion and surprise.

"H-how.. W-what are you doing here?!" Your voice cracked upon doing your best to sit up but due to your body still in the state of shock, you still stayed on a laying formation on your now not-so comfortable bed.

Kusuo placed both of his hands on his knees to guide him in standing up. With his sight still glued on you, he pursed his lips and started talking to you telepathically.

"I heard you saying something." You blinked your eyes, not entirely getting his statement.

"What do you mean? I basically live like a mile away from your house." 

Kusuo could also not explain it himself since he could only hear thoughts from the people around a 200 meter radius from him... but for some reason, he knew too well that the certain voice that he heard is from you..

..and he can't just let you spend another lonely night because of his inability of letting you go.

Without responding anything, he walked towards the other side of your bed before slipping inside the comforter with you unexpectedly.

With an aggressive doze of realization, you turned around to face him and with a great amount of strength, tried to push him away from your precious bed.

"DID YOUR PARENTS GROUNDED YOU FROM SLEEPING IN YOUR OWN BED? SHOO!" You growled at him in best attempt to piss him off and drive him away from your sight. Kusuo just simply observed you and didn't budge even just a little.

"I swear to God, I--" He took your hand who was trying to get him off from the bed, stopping you from your actions before scooting even closer towards you. 

Before you could decide to get off the bed yourself, he wrapped his arm around your waist, your face now resting on his chest, but not so close.. just enough to allow you to breath.

No one was saying a word.. it was silent but for some reason, it wasn't awkward like what you have expected. You actually enjoyed it.

You actually enjoyed his company

It seems like his presence alone was enough to calm you.. and it was really magical. The fact that he immediately came to see you upon hearing you asking for affection from a loved one made you feel protected.

It made you temporarily forget about the troubles that you have yet to encounter...

Kusuo just heard a snore from you despite the fact that it was just four minutes from the moment he arrived.. although he was quite happy to think that he was able to calm you.

He tightened his wrap around your waist, bringing your sleeping fragile body closer towards his. 

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled ever so quietly as he buried his nose on your hair, closing his eyes afterwards.