You Make Me Feel Safe

It's been a week since Ivar tried to rape me, I was being successful to avoid him, but he started to see that. I was doing my best to pretend that I didn't hate him, but he's so smart, he's able to see right through me.

I was at castle's library, reading the Bible, when I heard Ivar crawling towards me, I felt goosebumps on my skin, Ivar terrified me.

"What are you doing?" He asked a little annoyed.

"I am reading the Bible." I said sternly.

"Why?" He seemed confused.

"Because all of Christians should read the Bible, it teaches us how to be like our God and his son, our Lord Jesus Christ." Explain about the Bible, and my faith, somehow calmed me.

"Well, I believe that is foolish for Christians to believe in one God." He snorted, I need to get away from him.

"God is the almighty one, no other god existed before him, no other god will exist after him." I know that I'm playing with fire, but I can't allow Ivar saying those things about God.

He grabbed me by the hair, and I yelped in pain and surprise, I wasn't expecting it.

"Shut your mouth about things you do not know."

"You are hurting me." Tears were falling already, I'm scared of Ivar.

He immediately let go of my hair, the look on his face is pure shock and regret, Ivar is really confusing.

He didn't said anything else, he just left me alone, I don't know what to think. I just knew that I needed to escape that day, Ivar will kill me, eventually.

So I gathered all of my courage and went to the stable, where they were keeping the horses, I had my dagger and sword with me, in case I needed to defend myself.

I got on a horse and I ordered him to ran, and he did, I was finally free of Ivar, he couldn't hurt me anymore, I was really happy.

****************

When the horse got tired, we stopped at a river to drink water, I was hungry, so I climbed a tree and I get some apples, to me and the horse, he ate them all and we were resting a little. I closed my eyes, and I slept.

When I woke up, it was afternoon, I needed to find a place to sleep for night, after that, I would find my brother. He probably thinks I'm dead by now, I need to find him.

I found a little cabin, it seemed empty, I was going to spend the night there. I entered and I found no one inside, that was great, I could sleep there. When I finished cleaning the place, it was night and I was exhausted. I went to sleep, I needed.

*****************

In the middle of the night, I heard noises, someone was trying to enter the cabin, I was scared, what if they were thieves?

The door opened and I froze, Ivar came to me crawling and he was with a few warriors, the same that were with him on that table. He came to the bed, and he grabbed me by the ankles, I tried to get away from him, but he was stronger, he put his hand on mouth, and I was panicking.

"Did you really thought that you were able to get away from me?" He was really angry, his eyes were full of anger.

He put his mouth on my ear and whispered:

"I told you, you are mine."

I tried to get away from him, but he didn't let me, he's way stronger than me, despite his legs.

"Maybe I should treat you like a proper slave, I have been too leaning to you." He left the bed.

"Ubbe, take her to the palace." Ivar ordered the man with a long braid, Ubbe.

Ubbe grabbed me and he put me on his shoulder, like I was really easy to carry, he put me on a horse and doesn't say a word to me. I was crying the whole way to the castle.

When we got there, Ubbe put me on a room, I was alone, I was sure that Ivar wanted to torture me, before he killed me.

The door was opened, but it wasn't Ivar, it was a blonde man, he seemed different from Ivar, more friendly.

"Are you alright? Ivar can be, well, Ivar." He chuckled and I didn't said anything.

He approached the bed, and I panicked.

"It is alright, I am not going to hurt you." He smiled at me and I nodded.

"Are you scared?" I nodded again.

"If you want, I can be here with you. Ivar will not come here, at least not today." I nodded again and he laid next to me.

It was a comfort silence with this blonde man, he's so different from Ivar, why Ivar can't be like this? I'm not scared of this man, in fact, I feel safer with than with Ivar.

"Ivar can be like that, but I will protect you, alright?" I nodded and I put my head on his chest, he seems sincere, believable.

"Are you feeling better?" He started to play with my hair, and I nodded on his chest.

"Ivar was right, you are different."

This blonde man maybe good, but he's not Ivar, I don't feel the same when I'm next to Ivar, Ivar is different, better. He's just scared me, but he's different, better.

We stayed like that, for hours, we didn't move, but with Ivar is different, his touch is different, when I'm with Ivar, it feels that I'm with a man, this blonde man, seems like my brother touching me, I believe that is why I feel better when I'm next to him, the blonde man reminds me of my brother.

"You make me feel safe." I whispered and I slept right after.

*********************

When I woke up, the blonde man was leaving the bedroom, he looked at me and smiled.

"Good morning." I only nodded in response, again.

When he was leaving, I forgot that I didn't asked his name.

"Wait." He stopped and looked at me. "I do not know your name." I said to him.

"Sigurd. Sigurd snake in the eye."