You Killed Him

I woke up and Ivar wasn't in the bed, it was upsetting, I thought that he wanted to stay in bed all day with me.

I tried to get up, but I hissed in pain, I was sore from last night with Ivar. I remembered everything, every touch, every gaze, every feeling. Ivar made me feel loved, like my brother made Asta feel loved, appreciated, I would never known that Ivar was such a loving man.

His touches still lingered on my skin, his kisses, the sweet words he repeated on my ear, I wanted to feel that way every day, because it was a phenomenal feeling.

While I was still replaying on my mind the events of the night before, I heard the door open, it was Ivar, seeing him made me smile.

"I thought that you was not going to wake up." Ivar crawled towards the bed, he was shirtless. His muscles were flexing, his torso was full of scars, but that only made him beautiful, those scars made him Ivar.

"It is fine, I was thinking about last night." I bit my lips, and I could feel the blood coming to cheeks, I was blushing.

"You were?" Ivar smirked, he was so handsome.

"I was." I avoided his intense gaze, it was making me even more nervous, the things that Ivar made me feel, I realized that no one could make me feel this way.

"Elfleda, do you want to do it again?" His playful smirk made me feel weak on my knees.

"Ivar." I gasped.

"What? I loved being that close to you, and knowing that I was the first man in your life, makes me happy." Ivar kissed my hand, his lips ignited a fire within me, I felt like I was burning into flames.

"Ivar." I practically moaned his name.

I could see the lust in his eyes, they were no longer blue, but almost black with desire, and my eyes matched his, I was certain.

"Elfleda." He looked at my lips, Ivar gently put his hands on my neck and kissed me.

The kiss held love, tenderness, and passion at the same time. Every time that Ivar kissed me, it felt that I was in danger, but he was always there, to make me feel safe, and loved.

After some time, he put his forehead against mine, and he began to stroke my cheeks.

"I want you training with me, I want to make you a warrior, a shieldmaiden." The cheerfulness in his voice was contagious, Ivar looked like a child with his first gift. 

"When?" I inquired.

"Tomorrow, because today we are going to celebrate our victory over the Saxons." Ivar was feeling the exhilaration of his victory, which made me frown.

"Love, what is the matter?" My heart was overwhelmed with Ivar calling me "love", but I was still unsettled.

"You talk about victory over my people like it was nothing, I wander if you would allow your army kill me that easily?" It was true, I was fearful for my life, and knowing that Ivar's army killed many faithful Christians was grieving to me.

"Love, I swear to Odin and all the gods, I will never allow anyone hurt you. You are so precious to me, I will not loose you, I will not allow that." Hearing Ivar say those words was soothing to my heart.

"Thank you, Ivar." I gently kissed his hands, this gesture befuddled Ivar.

"For what?" Ivar inquired, still confused.

"For being so tender with me." I kissed his cheek. 

"I do not deserve you." He kissed me again, tenderly.

"Now come, we shall feast the whole day." Ivar led me outside, where all of his army were drunk and happy.

We were on a table, away from the army, but they could see us. I was apprehensive having so many Vikings next to me, they hated Christians, which meant they hated me.

I was close to Ivar, we were laughing the entire time, being close to Ivar, made me less anxious about being on this feast.

I met his brothers, Ubbe, Hvitserk, Sigurd and Bjorn. Bjorn still makes nervous, but Ivar doesn't allow him anywhere near me.

I liked Sigurd, he reminded him of my brother, but Ivar didn't saw it that way. He was scared that I was going to leave him for Sigurd, I would never do that, I love Ivar, even if he didn't knew it yet.

I knew about the tension between Sigurd and Ivar, so I tried to stay away from them any time I felt that they're were going to fight.

"Ivar, how many times did you say sorry to Elfleda when your prick did not work?" Sigurd's voice held venom, and that statement made the crowd laugh, and Ivar angry.

"Ivar, I am going to our room." I gently whispered in his ear, but he didn't allow me to get up.

"Stay here." His voice was commanding, but his eyes were filled with vulnerability, sadness and hurt.

I only nodded and I sat next to him again.

"Sigurd, my brother, I did not apologized to Elfleda, I am a man that made her scream the whole night." My cheeks were burning, and the crowd cheered, making me even more embarrassed.

"You made her scream, I am sure of it." Sigurd paused, and Ivar looked proud, with a smirk on his face. "When she saw your deformed legs, crippled." The crowd was quiet now, and Ivar was menacing.

"She does not love you, the only one that really loved you, was your mommy and she is dead." Sigurd was smirking, how could he say things like that to his own brother?

"Ivar, do not listen to him." Ubbe warned Ivar.

"Are you gonna cry? Now that I talked about your mommy?" Sigurd was standing up now.

Ivar grabbed an axe and threw at Sigurd, everything happens so fast. I was crying, getting away from Ivar.

"You killed him." I whispered more to myself, but Ivar heard.

"Love." He tried to touch me, but I didn't allow him.

"Get away from me." I didn't realize that I was screaming in my language, but I ran away from Ivar.

If Ivar can easily kill his brother, what can he do to me?