137

(tw): violence, mentions of non-con

dan

phil kept on trying to ask me questions and calm me on the cab. but i didn't as much gave him a sideway glance. i just kept my head held up and thought about why did i let that asshole control me when we were still together.

i wish i never met him

i was shaking with anger by the time i reached carter's place. i wasn't sure if after all those years he still live in the same house. but i didn't care at the moment. and judging how his dog is still running freely on their garden. i know he's still on the same place.

i rang the doorbell repeatedly until i heard a muffled "coming!" from the inside. i clenched my fist as i try to compose myself.

when phil finally caught up to me, i felt him hold my arm gently, blurting sweet things on my ear but i just ignored him.

when the door opened, i mumbled a "clench your teeth," before shaking my hands out of phil's grip and connecting my fist on his jaw. the impact must have been really strong because i think i heard a crack and he stumbled back while holding the affected jaw in shock.

"dan!" phil said with admonishment

"what the fuck was that for?" carter asked lowly, glowering at me.

"that's for punching my boyfriend," i stepped closer, "and this," i slapped him across the cheek, "-is for me"

"you fucking-" i slapped him across the other cheek

"don't you fucking dare complete that sentence."

"dan, let's just go." phil sounded thoroughly panicked i almost felt bad. i wish he didn't have to see this. but i just can't let go.

"just listen to your wimpy boyfriend and go home." i punched him again, he let out a groan and this time, i felt the sting on my fist.

"after all these years, you're still an asshole. i don't understand why i even liked you."

"because you're just a fucking naive kid who didn't care about anything as long as you get on anyone's pants."

i felt bile on my throat and i may as well just start crying. but i can't let him see me like that. i can't let him know that his words still affect me. so i just stood my ground and kept my gaze on his face.

"you-"

"no phil, stay out of this."

i saw carter smirk. and i'm really tempted to punch that grin out of his face.

"or maybe i just didn't see it sooner that you're just a manipulative asshole who went as far as to drug his cousin's drink to fuck her." i raised an eyebrow, "i wonder how sage's mum would react when she finds out it's you?"

i saw his smile dropped as soon as i said those words. i almost wanted to laugh at the look on his face.

"wha- how, fuck, when-"

"doesn't matter." i kicked him on the crotch and watch him topple to the ground. i grabbed phil's hand and run out of the house.

-

"is the thing about his cousin true?" phil asked as soon as we arrived at my room.

"it is. chris told me about it a few days ago, i don't know where he heard it so we weren't sure. but now it's confirmed."

"that's horrible." phil winced

"it really is. sage is such a sweet girl. she didn't deserve any of that. nobody does."

phil was silent for a moment, "do you think you can-"

"i recorded it."

"what?"

"i recorded it, he remotely admitted to it. we've got evidence that we can hand to the police."

phil sighed in relief. "oh- dan that's great you-" he paused, taking my hand in his. "i'm proud of you. you and sage didn't deserve what happened to the both of you-i - you. i don't even know what to say. a lot has happened and i'm just so overwhelmed"

"i know, it really was terrible. i'm fine now. i just hope things will get better for sage."

after that, no words are exchanged. we just fell on my bed while on each other's arms.

i know i'm not completely okay after what carter did to me. it will take a long time recovering. it's not an easy process. but that's okay, i have my family there for me, my friends and phil.

i can't say that it will be phil who will save me

but i know that he'll stay by my side as i try to save myself.

-

grae: can you see i'm trying to wrap things up? *wiggles brows*

i think i'll edit this chapter in the future. it doesn't feel complete but i don't feel like adding anything anymore. but who knows.