"She's mine"

The boy I came to know as Alm continued to question me for a few more minutes until he decided to give me a break until tomorrow.

I could've swore as he left I heard him say, "she'll be mine."

---------------------------------------------------------

For the first few days of my capture, I have been treated as if I was one of the soldiers there. I always had an escort to walk with me and talk with me, but they never acted like an escort, really. Most of the time I was escorted by Alm, and he was always trying to get me to open up to him.

"I know you're trying to make me comfortable here, Alm, but I don't plan on joining you or turning against lord Berkut."

Alm turns to me, his expression unreadable, then took me back to my resting place and tightened the security around the area.

I guess he's jealous.

While I was confined, I read through my spellbook, learning new spells for if combat insued and because this was the only book i was allowed to have.

"Hm, Alm can't still be jealous."

Risint from my spot on a little cot, I shuffle over to the exit and poke my head outside. No one was outside standing guard, or even in the nearby area.

Walking outside and looking around, I noticed that they must have forgotten about me and went to battle. Seeing now that it was the middle of the night, I'm surprised that they left me here alone.

Since I had nothing else to do, I decided to leave the site and figure out where they went. Berkut is possibly with them fighting if they left this late at night.

"Hopefully Berkut is here. I don't think I'll be able to fight all of them off if it comes to that."

---------------------------------------------------------

A while of searching helped me figure out my surroundings a hit better, and find a ripped, blue-purple piece of silk.

"Berkut."

Examining the ground, there were hoof-prints circling this area, then turning and running away, leaving a medium-sized skid mark where Berkut possibly fell off near the piece of cloth I found earlier.

So he's on foot then. He won't stand much of a chance without his horse since he's mainly a calvary class.

I found his boot prints a few paces away from the drag mark, leading away from the camp.

As I followed, fear rose up my throat as I started seeing blood drops in his trail, urging me to hurry.

Trees blurred past me as I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. Berkut won't survive for long if he's hurt.

"Berkut!" I called out every few seconds, hoping he'd hear me and stop in his tracks. His tracks are getting closer together and more frequent.

"Berkut!"

.
.
.

"(Y/n)!" The voice was faint, but I'm sure it was him.

Following his call was a clanging of steel.

I need to hurry! Now!

Running as fast as my feet can take me, I raced towards Berkut's yells for help, his blood trail getting thicker every few seconds I looked down.

The clashing of steel became clearer as well as I neared a small break in the trees.

"You can't have her, Berkut! If she's that important to you, then she's staying here!"

"How dare you!? For all I know you could be feeding her lies about me to turn her to your side!"

Berkut and Alm were lance-to-sword with each other, neither backing down regardless of Berkut's injury.

I stayed in the shadows of the trees, not wanting to distract Berkut more than he already is, and as I backed into the shadows, I saw his horse coming into the clearing and stop a few paces behind Berkut, alerting him with a snort.

Berkut hearing this, knocked Alm away from him and mounted his steed, resulting in Alm to run straight into the trees I was hiding in; I have no idea when he noticed me here but that doesn't matter now. About halfway, Berkut notices this, and reins his horse to give chase.

"You stay away from her, you filthy dog! She's mine!" Berkut yelled after the green haired boy now chasing me through the trees, gripping his lance behind him and readying to strike when he got near.

"You can't run forever, princess! Especially from someone faster than you!" Alm was getting closer with each step.

In an attempt to slow Alm down, I cast one of the lightning spells at random, shocking him enough to where he slowed his pace a little. Just enough for me to be able to escape.

Turning around a tight corner, I come face to face with a cliff on one side and the river on the other side. I could either jump in the river and swim for it, or take my chances with battling Alm. There was no way I was jumping to my death.

"There you are!"

Alm had caught up when I wasn't paying him any attention and had knocked my tome away from me, holding his sword against me in a threatening manner.

"You won't get away this time."

"(Y/n)!" Berkut called, emerging from the woods and charging towards us.

"Stay back, Berkut, or she'll get hurt!"

"How dare you lay your filthy hands on my woman, peasant!"

Berkut continued his charge, catching Alm by surprise and snatching me away from him, the pole of  Berkut's lance knocking Alm into the river.

"Here you are; I hope he didn't harm you." Berkut handed me my tome from the ground, urging his horse to return home with us in tow.

"He can't hurt me, Berkut. I can do more damage than he ever could."

"You can also heal, in which I'm grateful for." Berkut commented as I started healing him as we rode on.

"I sent word to Massena and a few others to watch the border and take care of things  here while we return home. Uncle was worried about you, but admired your courage in protecting me."

"It was nothing. I didn't want you to get killed by the ambush so I took your place. They thought I was one of your generals. so they tried getting information out of me about military things."

Berkut started laughing. "Hah! They thought you were my general? You are obviously my protector and woman, not my general."