The Time Has Come

"(Y/n), get to higher ground. Your magic is better at longer range, and you'll be safe with the archers."

I take one last look at Berkut before following that one order, taking a place at the top of the wall of the front gate with the archers, ready to defend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The courtyard grew tense with the long silence and hyperawareness of everyone inside. I had my sights trained on the horizon, piecing things together one step at a time.

Yes, there may be a few enemies already inside the walls, but it's only a ruse, a mere distraction, for what's coming.

"Do you see anything up there?" Berkut called from below. He was getting antsy from sitting on his horse for so long, itching to lodge his lance into Alm's body.

Turning back to the horizon, my excitement grows. "They finally decided to show up." I muttered under my breath.

"Well?!"

It took a moment for Berkut and everyone else in the courtyard to hear the battle cry of the Zofian army, with that green-haired idiot at their head.

"He's separated his army, there's no way this is all he has so be wary of our sides," I called the first part to Berkut, then alerted the archers and mages on the wall.

"Alm is mine! Let him come and taste my lance!" There goes Berkut, working himself up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It didn't take long for the enemy to be upon us, and as soon as it did, all hell broke loose.

"Milady, some are climbing the wall!"

"Don't let them harm Lady (y/n)!"

The archers had taken it upon themselves to focus on the wall climbers. I had my attention inside the walls directed towards the soldiers swarming the courtyard.

Multiple Zofian soldiers lie at my feet, either burnt to the core or electrocuted. Each one tried to attack the archers from behind, but my magic kept them at bay, or scared a few away.

A flash of brown hair and yellow cloth caught my eye among the enemy mages. Then beside her, was a red blur. Delthea and her brother were here. Were they traitors?

"Delthea!" I called down to them, jumping off the wall and using elwind to stop my fall just before I touch the ground. The two of them stood shocked as I approached, readying themselves for a fight with me.

"You're with the Rigelian army, aren't you? Alm saved my sister from your evil cult of mages, in exchange for our undying loyalty." The brother spat at me, going on and on about me being the enemy all while fighting off Rigelian soldiers. I simply dodged any enemy soldiers that tried to attack me, ignoring their attempts.

"Enough, brother. (y/n) is my friend, and I will not fight her," Delthea turns to me, "go fight for your country, (y/n), we will not fight you."

I nodded to Delthea before rushing into the sea of flailing bodies trying to find either Massena or Berkut.