/6/

I sped walked to my locker. Jonathan was standing there waiting for me. I stopped and he looked up. We made eye contact and I huffed. I looked away, and walked to my locker.

"Hey, Sarina," Jonathan said.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

I opened my locker and pulled out my schedule. piano class. finally. I put my stuff away and closed my locker. I stood up and looked Jonathan in the eyes.

"What did I do?" he asked.

He put his hands on my shoulders, and I winced. He frowned. He turned me around and pulled my shirt back a little. He growled for a second and then turned me back around.

"Who did that to you?" he asked.

His voice was unrecognizable, and his eyes flared bright red. I have never seen him so mad.

"Sarina," he said sternly.

"Tray. It was Tray," I said.

I looked up at his eyes and it looked like there was a fire in them. He didn't say anything, but his face showed all of his anger.

"I know about the gangs," I said.

His face softened, and he opened his mouth to say something.

"Why didn't you tell me, Jon? You're my best friend. We tell each other everything. Everything," I said.

"I didn't tell you because I knew you would look at me the way you're looking at me now. I didn't want you to see me differently just because I was in a gang," He said.

"I would never see you differently, Jon. You're my best friend. I'll love you no matter what," I said.

He pulled me in for a hug and I groaned.

"Sorry," he said.

"It's fine," I said.

"Class?" he asked.

"Piano. You?" I asked.

"Same."

"Race you there," I said.

A second later, I was in the classroom. I looked around the classroom filled with beautiful pianos. I saw Julianna sitting at a piano on her phone. Erik and Tray were also in this class. great.

"Sarina!" the teacher, Ms. Rachel called out.

"Hi, Ms. Rachel," I said smiling at her.

"You're back again this year," she said walking towards me for a hug.

"Of course I am," I said and accepted her embrace.

"Would you like to play a song?" she asked.

"Sure. Is it okay if it's an original?" I asked.

"You started writing your own songs?" she said excitedly.

"Yes, ma'am," I said.

"Yes. Yes. Of course. I want to hear one," she said.

I walked over to the grand piano at the back of the classroom. I played my favorite song. It was called "Hope." As I played the chorus, Julianna came and sat next to me. She knew the song as well, so she started playing it an octave higher. I noticed some students were standing around us. We finished the song and turned around. Ms. Rachel started clapping.

"Oh, my gods!! That is so beautiful! Did you both write it?" she asked.

"No. She wrote it. I just helped fill in the holes," Julianna said.