/24/

Everyone was standing outside our house. I frowned as I looked upon them. will this be enough to defeat them?

"Hello, everyone," Erik said. "Thank you for coming here and fighting with us. I'm aware that all of you know what we are up against. The plan is to fight to keep them distracted. My girlfriend and her sister will go inside to deactivate the machine. They'll only be able to do it if all of the guards are distracted. We must keep them distracted. That is the main goal. Does everyone understand?"

Everyone nodded their head.

"Remember, the world is counting on us," my mom said. "They may not know it, but they are."

"So fight your hardest," I said.

We were all standing in front of the old house.

"Wait. How are we going to get inside?" I asked.

"The same way we got in last time," Adrian said. "The window."

"I am quite sure he closed and locked all the windows."

"Crap," she said. "You're right."

"You guys can find a way in invisibly," Jonathan said.

"We don't know anyone who can turn invisible," Adrian said.

"Not anyone who's alive at least," I mumbled.

Julianna looked at me and I shook my head.

"Jayden can," Alyssa said looking down at him.

"No. Absolutely not. There is no way they're taking him in there," Lance said.

"He has to. He can help. We need him to do this, Lance. It's either him or the entire planet," she said.

Lance balled up his fist. It got cloudy and there was a faint thunder in the distance. He bent down to Jayden's level. Lady trotted over to me and I petted her head.

"Daddy, I can do this," Jayden said.

"I know you can," he said.

He kissed his forehead and gave him a hug. He stood up and the two of them walked up to us.

"Protect him with your life," he said looking at the both of us.

"I will," we said.

Jayden walked up to us and grabbed our hands. We turned around and I frowned. There was a group of men standing the middle of the road advancing towards us.

"Zaylen, blind them," I said.

He did what I asked. They stumbled out of formation, holding their hands out in front of them and tripping over each other.

"Adrian," I said. "The earth."

Her eyes turned completely green and the street cracked open. As they stumbled, they fell into the earth and it swallowed them. We took a step forward.

"Guys!" Julianna said.

We turned around.

"Be safe," Erik, Julianna, and Tyler said.

Adrian walked up to Tyler and hugged him tightly. Erik looked into my eyes and I winked at him.

"I know you've got this," he said.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

I looked at Julianna and sighed. "Maybe when all of this is over, we can talk."