/1/

"Jon, are you sure your parents are okay with you staying this late?" Julianna asked.

I opened my eyes at the sound of her voice. The four of us sat in Julianna's hot tub. Julianna sat across from me in a black bikini. The LED lights in the pool gleamed against her caramel skin. She had her curly black hair in a messy bun on top of her hair. She hands linked behind her head and her tattoo of her father's name showed on her left bicep. Her brown eyes rested on Jonathan and her perfectly arched eyebrows were furrowed.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind. My parents have been begging me to get out of the house all summer. I just haven't felt motivated since the breakup," Jonathan responded.

Jonathan had brown skin like me. He had dark hair that hung to his shoulders. He had his eyes closed and I couldn't help but admire his ridiculously long eyelashes. He was muscular but he's been that way his whole life.

"I mean it's only like 8:45," Anthony shrugged.

Anthony had tan skin like Julianna. His brown hair was short and curly on his head. He had light green eyes. Anthony was on the skinny side. He didn't have much muscle like Jonathan.

"Are we going to stay in here all night?" I asked.

Julianna shrugged. "I don't know. What else do you guys wanna do?"

"Drown my sorrows out in ice cream," Anthony muttered.

"I second that," Jonathan commented.

"Okay. No. Guys, we're not doing that," I glared. "We've all been depressed and shit all summer long. No more crying over our exes."

My ringtone went off and I glanced at my phone. I wiped my hand on my towel and grabbed it. I scrunched up my nose at his name.

"Who is it?" Jonathan asked.

"Chris?" Anthony frowned.

I shook my head.

"Jayden?" Julianna questioned.

I nodded my head.

"Ew. What does he want?" 

I clicked on the notification and read it.

"Oh. Nothing bad He's inviting the four of us to a party," I said. "He said that it starts in an hour and he's given us an address."

I looked up. Everyone was giving me a confused expression.

"What?"

"A party? Really?" Julianna said.

"What's the problem?" I frowned.

"Why would he invite us to a party?" Anthony asked.

I shrugged.

"I don't know but I want to go," Jonathan said.

"I do too, honestly," I admitted.

"Why?" Anthony frowned.

"Why not?" Jonathan and I said.

Julianna shrugged. "Fair point."

"Is that the plan then?" Anthony asked.

We all nodded our heads.

"I'm gonna head home and get changed," Anthony said.

"Me too."

Jonathan and Anthony got out of the tub and started to walk away.

"Be ready in 45 minutes," Julianna said. "I'll drive."

"Oh, geez. We're gonna die tonight," Jonathan commented.