/21/

Over the past couple of months, I've grown stronger and I've mastered a lot of things. I've been training with Lady, Erik's chimera, and we work pretty well together. My dad continued to follow me around for a couple of weeks after homecoming. He throws in an attack from these men in black every now and then. Everyone's been jumpy because of them. As of now, we are celebrating. Erik made the varsity basketball team and their team won their first home game  tonight.

"So what do you guys want for dinner?" Arya asked.

"Pizza!" Carissa and I said.

"Pizza sounds good," Alyssa said.

Erik, Lance, John, and Adrian nodded their heads in agreement.

"Alright. I'll order pizza. Anything extra?" Arya said.

"Wings," John said.

"Soda," Erik said.

"Water," I corrected.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"Brownies?" Adrian said.

"Okay and what kind of pizza?" Arya said.

"I want a-"

Someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it," I said.

"Thank you, Sarina," Arya said.

I smiled at her and walked up to the door. I opened the door and gasped.

"Mom! What happened!?" I said.

Her clothes were messed up. They were dirty and burned and her hair was sticking up everywhere. She had bruises all over her face. She had blood crawling down her arms and legs.

"Your father."

"So what exactly happened?" Arya said.

"I was at the house, working out in my gym, and the doorbell rang. I went to answer it and no one was there, so I closed the door and shut down the house. I walked through the entire house and no one was there. I unlocked the house and went back to the gym but I had my gun with me, just in case," my mom said.

"Mom, why do you have a gun?" Adrian asked.

"She doesn't like using her powers. They cause her a lot of pain. I've told her to go to the hospital but she says it's because she's old," I said rolling my eyes.

Arya frowned.

"Child, I am old. Anyways, your dad appeared in the room and I wasn't near my gun. He shot a fireball at me and I barely passed it. It burned my clothes, and some of my hair, as you can see. I finally reached my gun and we fought. I hit him a couple of times, but he had a better advantage with his powers. I finally shot him in the chest and he fell to the floor. I ran out of the room and tried to call you to warn you, but then I smelled fire. Your father had set fire to the house. By the time I had dialed your number on the house phone, the line was burned and I couldn't get to you. He trashed my car so I had to run here and that's why I'm in so much pain," she finished.

"Keri, I'm so sorry that happened to you," Arya said.

"It's fine," she waved.

"If you want, I can figure out what's wrong with you so you won't have to go to the hospital," Arya said.

My mom sat there for a second, thinking.

"That would be greatly appreciated," she said finally.