/16/

It's been about two weeks, and Erik is still in a coma. Homecoming is coming up and I think I might have to go by myself.

I reached over and turned my alarm off. I looked up at the mirror and noticed something different about Erik. I sat up and looked at his face. I jumped out of bed and ran out of the room. I ran down the hall towards Arya and John's room. I banged on the door. Arya opened the door. She looked mad but her facial expression changed when she saw mine.

"Is he up!?" she said.

I shook my head. "No, but you need to see this. I think this might mean something."

We ran back to my room and Arya walked over to his side of the bed. She looked at his face and jumped with joy.

"The color is coming back to his face! Sarina, do you know what this means!?" she said.

"Nope. That's why I came to you," I said and smiled.

She laughed. "It means he should wake up soon."

A tear strolled down my face and before I knew it I was having a breakdown. Arya rushed over.

"Honey, don't cry," she said hugging me.

"These are happy tears," I said.

Carissa rushed into the room with her face mask on. She saw me crying and walked over to me.

"What's wrong!? What happened!?" she said.

I sniffed and smiled. "Arya said Erik might wake up soon."

She started jumping around screaming.

"Shhh!" we said.

"Right. Sorry," she said.

I wiped my tears and Arya and Carissa left. I sat on the bed and held his hand.

"You're almost there, baby. I need you to stay strong and come home to me. Please. I love you," I whispered to him.

I kissed his forehead and got out of bed to get dressed. Ten minutes later, Carissa walked into my room.

"Hey, Sarina-"

"Well, look at you!" I said.

She stopped and smiled. She was wearing a blue skintight, sleeveless, turtle neck dress. She had on white 6-inch heels and black hoop earrings. She had silver bangles on her wrists. Her makeup was done flawlessly with blue eye shadow, perfect black lined eyeliner, and red lipstick.

"You look beautiful, Carissa," I said.

"Thanks, so do you," she said.

I was wearing a black high-low, fitted dress. I had on blue thigh-high boots, blue and silver hoop earrings, and silver bangle bracelets.

"Thanks. Do you need something?" I asked.

She nodded her head. "Can I get a ride to school?"

"Of course. You know you don't have to ask right? Just be ready when I get downstairs," I said.

"Thank you, Sarina," she said.

I nodded and she walked out of the room. Adrian texted me.

'can I get a ride to school? - Adrian'

'yeah. I'm on the way. - me'

I grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs.

"Carissa!" I yelled.

"I'm in the kitchen!" she said.

I walked into the kitchen. When I saw her, I started laughing. She was eating a toaster strudel and she had icing all around her lips. I walked over to the counter and grabbed a napkin. I wiped her face and her face turned red.