/18/

"Hey, what's up?" I said.

"Nothing. Can I have your phone?" she said.

I nodded my head and handed her my phone.

"Thanks," she said smiling.

I smiled and kept walking. We walked into the piano room and I saw Erik on the grand piano. Once he saw me, he turned towards the piano and started playing. I immediately recognized the song. It was A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. Jonathan was standing by the piano singing. There was a path of rose peddles leading towards the piano. In the middle of the path was a line of snickers and packs of sour patch kids. On the tile in front of me was a basket and it had a note my name on it. I furrowed my eyebrows and picked it up. 'pick up the candy - Erik.' I shook my head and started picking up the pieces of candy. After I finished picking them up, I stood and smiled. Erik was standing in front of me with red and white roses in one hand and a poster in the other. I looked behind him and saw Ms. Rachel playing the piano. I looked over at Erik and smiled.

"Read the poster," he said.

I scrunched up my nose and looked down at the poster.

'I love you. you love me. soon we'll be one big family. but as of now, we are teens. so will you go to hoco with me?' I smiled. I walked up to Erik and he looked down at me with his crystal blue eyes.

"So?" he said.

The music stopped and all eyes were on me. I stood on my tip-toes and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes, I will go to homecoming with you," I said.

He smiled, dropped the poster, wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed me. I melted into the kiss. The class clapped and eventually, I broke the kiss. Erik's face was red and he was smiling hard. Ms. Rachel clapped her hands.

"Alright. Enough with the lovey-dovey crap. Please clean up my room," she said and rolled her eyes.

The class laughed and she walked to her desk shaking her head. Erik, Jonathan, and Julianna started cleaning up.

'May I have your attention please!' the principal said over the intercom.

'We have the results of the homecoming court,' she said.

She started with freshmen and sophomores. I didn't know any of them except Carissa. She was nominated. I looked over at Erik and he had a beaming smile on his face. I could tell he was proud of her.

'Now for the Juniors! Takara Cash and Jayden Ruggles!'

Marcus clapped Jayden on the back and he high-fived Nathan.

'Gaby Tomboc and Juan Gutierrez!'

'Ezra Miller and Jonathan Gutierrez!'

Julianna and I congratulated him and he smiled.

'Julianna Bell and Jordan Edwards!'

Julianna jumped out of her seat and started dancing.

"Congrats," I said.

She smiled at me and looked away. I could tell she was thinking about Jordan.

'Adrian Robbins and Ramon Hensley! And Sarina Robbins and Bryan Verrett!'

what!? that has to be a joke! Julianna hugged me and said congrats but I didn't really care. of course, I'd paired with Bryan. I looked over at Erik. He furrowed his eyebrows and met my gaze. I could tell he was upset. His face softened and he winked at me.