/25/

After I stopped crying, I looked up at Erik. His eyes were a mixture of grayish green and I sighed. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I pulled away and looked at everyone and frowned.

"Wait," I said looking around furiously. "Where's Julianna? and Jonathan?"

Erik looked down and didn't respond.

"No. No! Erik, where are my best friends!?" I yelled shaking my head.

"They-They died protecting your mother," Arya said.

And just like that, my world came crashing down. The tears rolled down my cheeks, endlessly. I dropped down to the ground and screamed. All of the windows in the houses nearby and the lampposts on the streets exploded. Alyssa and Lance covered Jayden and Zaylen. Everyone took cover. The air became thin and it started to hail. I saw Erik yell something. His voice was muffled and quiet and I couldn't understand him. I stopped screaming and felt numb. I started to lose consciousness. My eyelids started to feel heavy and I blacked out.

I opened my eyes and looked into his eyes. Relief washed over him as he looked at me. I looked over to my right and saw Arya holding my wrist.

"What... What happened?" I said.

I sat up and looked around. I saw everyone on the ground, groaning. Oh, Gods. What did I do? I looked at Erik.

"What happened? What did I do?" I said.

Arya made a face. "When I told you about your best friends, you had some sort of breakdown. Your powers went haywire. The lampposts and the windows nearby exploded. You created some type of storm and the air became thin and everyone struggled to breathe. The hail bruised everyone."

I looked at Erik and he nodded his head. He had a huge bruise on his left arm.

"I didn't- I didn't mean to," I said.

"I know you didn't," Arya said. "It happens with people who have lost people they felt strongly towards."

I looked down and the tears rolled down my face.

"It's like mourning but with uncontrollable powers and feelings that make you do things you never intended to," Arya said.

After a few minutes went by, everyone recovered and stood up.

"I am so sorry," I said. "I didn't mean to do this to any of you."

"But on that note, we want to thank all of you for fighting," Erik said. "The war is over. The machines are destroyed. Earth is safe."

"So who didn't survive?" Jordan asked.

I looked at him and started crying silently.

"Keri, Tyler, Adrian, Jonathan, Ezra, Bryan, Nathan," Erik said.

I blinked at the sound of his name. Bryan's gone?

"And Julianna," I finished.

Tears rolled down his cheeks and his face turned red. He dropped down to his knees and cried. I walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head in my chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my head on his and cried with him. We stood there for a while. People started to leave. It was just me, Jordan, Erik and Adrian's body. Jordan stopped crying and he stood up.

"Come on," I said.

We walked over to Adrian's body and I curled my fists.

"How is this possible?" Jordan asked.