Ch5

Posted 1-22-18
Ivar pov

I watched as Theadora danced with the children a smile on her face as she sang. (She is so perfect) I quickly shook my head of the thoughts of her. My family and I watched her dance and sing with the children people came and watched to some even joining in. (I hated this, y must I be a cripple) I wished I was not a cripple so I could get up and dance with her to hold her close to me. I quickly dismiss any thoughts of her. As Theadora stopped singing and dancing the people clapped and cheered

She smiled and laughed. A young girl ran into her legs hugging them. She looked down at the little girl with a smile. She picked her up and put her on her hip and the girl hugged her around hef neck. She smiled more and hugged her back. The girl pulled away from the hug and told Thea something but I did not hear what she said. She moved a piece of her hair out of the girls face. Thea said something to the girl as she sat her down. She stood back up and looked at the crowd and looked in my family and i's direction. Her eyes widen. I almost smirked at that. I looked to my family they looked impressed. Except my mother. She scanned us until her eyes landed on me. She smiled at me and I gave a small smile back hoping no one saw it. People then came up to her and patted her back complementing her

She smiled at all of them and then. Father stepped forward with us following him. He walked up to her and put him hand on het shoulder looking at her. "From this day forward my sons are going to teach you to become like us, a true Viking" he said and patted her shoulder then walked away with mother following him. My eyes widen did father just say that my brothers and I were going to teach her to be like us??!! I looked at Theadora her eyes were wide in shock.

Ubba and Hvitserk walked up to her and threw one of their arms around her shoulders leading her over to me and Sigurd. "So looks like your going to be like us" Ubba said with a smirk. "And we are your teachers, anything in mind you wanna learn first" Hvitserk asked also smirking. I glared at them. "Well I would love to learn more on fighting" thea told us. "Really now, if that's the case I should let you know I'm the best fighter in kattegat" Sigurd said with a proud look. "Oh really brother, because if I remember correctly the last time we trained I beat you" I said to him not looking at him I was looking at my axe. Sigurd huffed and looked away. I heard a small giggle and looked to Theadora she held one of her small hands to her mouth hiding her smile, her blue eyes held amusement. I could not help but stare at her face. "Well then lets not waste time, let us train" Ubba said. They all went to get my chair that my brothers use to carry me in as they carried me through the wood Theadora walked beside me. "I have some questions" Theadora said to us. "Oh and what would thoses be" Hvitserk asked. "Are their only 4 sons of Ragnar" she asked us. "No there are 6 of us, the eldest is Bjorn ironside son of Lagertha, Ragnars first wife, then the youngest Magnus son of an English queen, we just found out about him from a soldier not to long ago" ubba said to her. Theadoras eyes widen but said nothing. "Ive heard people talking about how they thought Ragnar was dead, can you please fill me in on it" Theadora? "Father went to the west for a long time, no word was heard of him, people said he was killed, but not long before you came here he returned" I told her. She nodded and said nothing else.

Theadora pov

I was shocked that Ragnar wanted his sons to teach me to be like them, right now the brothers and myself were heading to their training area. I have had questions bugging me lately and I would like some answers.

"I have some questions" i said to them. "Oh and what would thoses be" Hvitserk asked. "Are their only 4 sons of Ragnar" I questioned. "No there are 6 of us, the eldest is Bjorn ironside son of Lagertha, Ragnars first wife, then the youngest Magnus son of an English queen, we just found out about him from a soldier not to long ago" ubba. My eyes widen but said nothing (6 sons of Ragnar). "Ive heard people talking about how they thought Ragnar was dead, can you please fill me in on it" I asked another question? "Father went to the west for a long time, no word was heard of him, people said he was killed, but not long before you came here he returned" Ivar told me. I nodded and said nothing else. I watched Ivar out of the corner of my eye, studying his face, he was very handsome, dark brown hair with beautiful blue eyes that almost seemed to change color at times. I would be lying if I said I did not find him very handsome. We walked a little longer and reached an open spot in the woods, there were animal targets and torches along the tree line lit with fire. Ubba and ivar grabed bows while Sigurd and Hvitserk got Swords and axes and started to spar. I walked to stand next to Ivar who sat upon a tree stump. Ubba brought up his bow and looked at me and let lose an arrow hitting the deer target right in the head. Ivar did not look impressed at all. He picked up his bow and bulled it back an arrow in place and shot hitting the target in the eye.