Ch15

Publish 4/20/18

Theadora Pov

It has been days since aslaug death and my imprisonment. Each day I got a beating by the same women sometimes more came in to. I had heard that ubba and sigurd found out what happened to their mother and that they tried to kill/attack lagatha. I felt numb like I was dead. The man who stole my heart was dead, my queen killed. I heard shouting outside the barn I was in, I lifted my head looking at the door hearing swords or axes hit each other. Then the door was kicked off, I gasped and looked and saw ubba and sigurd standing there. Ubbas face was all beat up.  Ubba looked around and saw me his eyes widen, he and sigurd rushed twords me. Sigurd went behind me and cut the ropes. I fell forward into ubbas arms. "Oh theadora what have they done to you" I heard sigurd whisper. I lift my head i was very weak, they did not feed me or give me any water. "Ubba, sigurd" I breathe out. "Dont worry thea we are getting you out of here" ubba told me and took off running with me in his arms.  I close my eyes as my world goes dark.

Few hours later

(Where am I?) I felt weight on my chest and my body hurt all over. I open my eyes and squint my eyes blinking them a few times getting rid of the blurryness. I was in a room laying in a bed with animal furs covering me. I slowly sit up looking around trying to figure out where I was, then I remembered what happened and how ubba and sigurd saved me. I heard a door squeak open and I look up. I gasped and covered my mouth in shock there infront of me in the door was the man who stole my heart. Tears came to my eyes, my voice stuck in my throat. His blue eyes land on me and he starts to crawl twords me quickly. I fling my self out of the bed and tackle ivar to the ground. Hugging him tightly to me, a sob escapes me. "It can't be, your dead" I sob out, ivar hugs me tightly to him not letting me go."its me theadora I swear to you it is me and im alive" he say to me. "Ivar, lagatha- lagatha she-she" I stutter out but ivar shushed me. "I know, she killed my mother and had you imprisoned" he whispered to me his voice hard and sharp hiding his anger. "I-i I tried to save her, i really did" I whisper out to him. "I know thea i know" he cooded to me. "I thought you were dead and in Valhalla" I whimper out to him looking up into his eyes. He lifts his hand cupping my face his thumb running over one of my bruises on my face, his eyes held anger and sadness. "And leave You, I could never do that" he spoke nothing but seriousness in his voice. "Lagatha will pay for what she has done to my mother and you" he growled out. "And she will, one day, but today is not the day, you must prepare for that day because lagatha is now a queen and the people will not take to kindly to the death of their queen" I spoke to him holding his hand. We turned our heads to the door as we hear a knock. There in the door is ubba and sigurd. I slowly stand up. I rush twords them and hug them tightly, they hug me back. We pulled away all of us smiling. "Its so good to see you guys, thank you for saving me" I told them a smile on my face. In all the excitement I forgot how much pain my body was in. All the pain suddenly came all at once. I collapse onto my knees on the floor in pain. Ivar quickly crawled to me as sigurd and ubba leaned down to help me. Ivar pulled me to him my back to his chest and his arms around me holding me close to him. "Thea are you alright" he asked concerned laced in his voice. "I'm alright but I could always be better" I chuckled at my comment and gained smiles from ubba and sigurd. "Let us get you back to your bed, you must be tired from every thing that has happened" sigurd told me leaning forward to take me from ivar and into his arms. Ivar pulled me closer to him and let out a low growl like sound at sigurd. Ubba gave ivar a warning look, and ivar let out a defeated sigh and let sigurd take me into his arms. Picking me up bridal style and carried me back to the bed i woke up on. He layes me down and pulled a blanket over me, he leaned down and kissed my forehead shocking me."get some sleep thea you deserve it, I will see you tomorrow" sigurd whisper to me, standing straight and walking out with ubba who smiled at me waving bye. Ivar the whole time had a death look on his face as his eyes watched sigurd like a wolf did to its pray before killing it. When the door shut ivar crawled over to where I was. He reached over and took my hand into his holding it in front of his face studying it. Tracing the lines that ran ovet my palm. He then brought it to his lips and kissed it. "Do you know how much you mean to me theadora" he whispered his intense blue eyes staring into my own. I didn't say a word, I just stared into his eyes. "Sleep with me" I whisper. His eyes widen in shock. "What" he questions, "Sleep with me like I slept with you the night before you left" I told him. He smiled and pulled his hand away from me, I watched as he took his shirt of and his boots and straps that held his legs together. I moved over so he could lay next to me. He used his arms and hauled himself onto the bed and layed down next to me. I felt his arms wrap around me and pull me to his bare chest. i felt him barrie his face into my hair and his arms tighten around me, I smile and tuck my face into his chest. My eyes shut and the world goes dark. I hear ivar mumble something but I was not sure What it was.