Ignore daddy and party

“Hello darling.” it had been a long time since he had visited my dreams.

“What do you want?” I growl.

He answers, “Just to give my sympathy for young Tara. She was quite the warrior I hear.”

“I don't believe you.” I say, “How could you be so shallow? Why do you not care about anything? Whenever there is something good you go and take it away.”

He looks slightly hurt, “Don't you get it, darling? History always repeats itself. My father was cruel and I destroyed him. Then I was cruel and my son's destroyed me. The only way for this all to end is if you stop it.”

I shake my head, “I want nothing to do with you.”

Then the dream dissolves into the waking reality. Only Drew and I are in the room. Drew gets up and sees me awake.

“Hey, how are you?” he stretches.

I get up and walk in the bathroom, “I have been better. She chose three times for the land of the blessed. Tara always has been an overachiever.”

He nods and I shut the door. I put my hair up and change clothes. Then when Drew goes in I head out of the room. I walk to an old playground the girls and I used to go to. Sitting on the swing I see Lexi walking over. She sits beside me.

“Everything seems different. Nothing is as bright as it was before.” she murmurs.

I nod, “We can make it through this. We have to for Tara.”

Lexi smiles, “That is why we are having a party in town. It was Tara’s ideal to have it and it will be like a town funeral for her. She wanted to celebrate you being back with a hoedown.”

I nod, “What time?”

“Two, so let's go get ready.” she grabs my hand.