Mother's letter

We listen to another lecture from my least favorite teacher and soon he tells us we will be starting Greek Mythology. I smile at how easy this should be. Heck, I am Greek Mythology. Guess this would be a good time to teach Payton and her brother about their bloodline. Soon "Trixy and Heath" walk in and stand a bit behind me. Right away I feel my uncle's eyes on me. This is going to get annoying. Right, as dad walks in I sigh.

"Aurora what is the name of the titan that the God of weather, God of death, and God of sea?" Mr. Morrison asks.

He gives me a look as if he expects me to get it wrong.

I smile, "I don't know the answer to what you asked unless the God that you thought was the God of death is the God of the Underworld. If that is what you meant they chopped up their dick of father, Kronos."

He looks at me shocked. Then his face turns neutral again.

"No, Hades is the God of Death." he says.

I challenge, "Thanatos is the God of death he is also known as the angel of death. Hades is the God of the Underworld, he rules over the dead. If you don't believe me look it up. But, I do have one question when you find out that I am right... why did you get it wrong when you have a master's degree in Greek Mythology?"

I see him tense and smile, "Look it up!"

"Hades God over the Underworld. His top servent Thanatos, God of Death." some kid reads from his phone.

I smirk and lean back in my chair. The class is in awe and Mr. Morrison grabs the kid's phone. He looks at it and stiffens completely. Then he looks at me.

I ask, "So are you going to answer my question, Mr. Morrison?"

He shuts up and the class cheers. I just smile at him. Soon class ends I head to the apartment. Soon the others get here and smile at me.

"You shut him up." Payton cheers.

"How could I just let him mess up my life and the roles?" I reply.

Drew smiles at me and walks over to the bed. He and Lexi pull out a case of weapons. We set it on my bed and I open it.

"It is time you were armed. The last time I saw my family, on the titan army, I lost a good friend of mine. I will not lose you guys too." I say.

Payton picks up a spear, "Then let's get started."

She smiles looking at it. We all smile and nod.

"Well the good news to my family being here is that they brought monsters, so you will get some practice." I explain.

Jason grabs a sword and twirls it around, "This should be fun."

Lexi chuckles, "Oh, it will be."

Jason and Payton learned quickly. Kronos watches me at school. Actually if I look closely he or Helios or Hecate are watching me wherever I am. Every night I research different artifacts they may be after..

Sitting back in my seat I groan. There is nothing on the Internet he would want. Looking over to my bag I see an old Greek box. It was not in there before. Looking at it I soon remember the box was in our vault. Apollo had told me that my mother asked my brothers to have me open it when it was time.Slowly I walk over and take it to the desk. Yet there is no key to open it.

With a groan I sit down and look at the keyhole. Looking at it I see that it is shaped like a moon. Wait, not just any moon... my . Quickly I take my necklace off and look at it. Ever since I was a baby I have worn it. Every day I wear it never to take it off. This was a gift from my mother as a baby. With a deep breath I press the necklace against the keyhole. The top of the box pops open. Inside the box I see a diary and a note. First I take the note out and I read it...

My dear sweet Aurora,

I wish I could have met you, but unfortunately I fear that I will not get the chance. Knowing your brothers I know they have told you all of the terrible things your father has done. I know that you may hate him and wonder why I could love him. To answer your question, your father is not all bad. I see the good in him even though he has buried it so deep. Please do not hate him to much. In my diary I have put all of my thoughts from my whole life, if you want to know your mother read it. Even though I can't get to know you, you should be able to know me. To prove how close your father and I were I also have something special in the diary. This special thing has much power in it, it is yours now. I love you so much, my dear.

Love Mom.

By the time I finish reading it I am in tears. I wish that I could have met her so much. Wiping the tears away I smile. Then I take the diary out and open it. A ring falls out of it. The ring is celestial gold and steel, like my dad's scythe. Also it has the outline of a scythe engraved into it. Then it hits me, this is what he wanted. I hear the door being opened and shut the box.

Before the door opens I slip the ring on my finger. Drew walks in and smiles at me. I smile back and give him a peck on the cheek. He looks at the box and frowns. Then he looks back at me. Seeing the look on my face he doesn't ask. My look tells him that I am thankful he didn't ask.

"You should get some rest." he whispers in my ear.

I sigh and nod. Then I get up and go to sleep.