Wattpad Original
Mayroong 3 pang mga libreng parte

Kabanata VII

My Rule

"Good morning, fucker." I was interrupted when Jake suddenly appeared in my office. I was reading a financial report for this month when he came in. He had a cup of coffee on his right hand.

"What are you doing here, arsehole?" I casually asked and glanced at him. He had no business appointment today and I'm surprised why he's here. Like me, Jake is a busy man too.

"Wala lang, masama ba?" he replied but I knew he was lying. He's wearing an annoying smirk and I had a hint why he's here!

"Dumadalas ang pagpunta mo rito, tapos wala lang? Sinong gago ang maniniwala sa'yo?" Saglit kong itinigil ang ginagawa ko. I had light breakfast this morning and I still feel empty.

"We are business partners, Mat! Normal lang na dumaan ako rito sa opisina mo. Dahil ba dumadalas ang pagpunta ko rito, may ibig sabihin nang iba?" He defended himself.

"I know you, Jake."

"Fine! I'm here to check on Kara. You know, your assistant secretary." My jaw suddenly clenched.

Muli kong ibinalik ang aking atensyon sa laptop at hindi siya pinansin. He's just wasting his time.

"I like her, Mat. She seems nice unlike your previous secretaries. She looks decent and you know, innocent." He was grinning the whole time. Ako naman ay biglang nakaramdam ng pagkairita.

"I don't like my employees fucking their bosses, Jake."

"I know! I know! But please? I've been single for almost a year now. Besides, Kara is a new taste. I'm wondering how good she is." My brows furrowed at that.

"In terms of what?" I asked.

"In all terms, of course! Masarap daw mag-alaga ang mga single mom. Gusto kong maramdamang may mag-alaga sa akin ulit like I'm a baby," he told me. Suddenly, I remembered when she went to my house to take care of me. I had no choice but to let her in. I don't like it when other people invade my privacy. I couldn't help but admit that she really did a good job in taking care of me but it's not a part of her job anymore. She took care of me like I was her family, like a boyfriend or what.

Damn it, Matias. What were you thinking? Boyfriend? Seriously?

We're not close and we just talk because of work. I had no idea about her personal life. I even don't know she had a child.

"Think of it, Jake. What will Uncle Sam think if he finds out you're dating a single mom? You're a fine young man. You deserve someone better than Kara. There are a lot of women out there."

"Are you telling me that Kara doesn't deserve me because she is a single mom? C'mon, Matias! You're being too narrow minded. You are not supposed to think of that. You are being judgmental. Everyone deserves to be loved, even Kara."

"Kailan ka pa naging ganyan karomantiko, Jake?" I shook my head. I couldn't believe this.

"Because I like her and I don't care if she's a single mother or not." He seemed really confident and serious.

"Not in my office, Jake. Not my secretary or any of my employees. Don't try to fuck them."

"Tapatin mo nga ako, Mat. Do you like her?" he asked me.

I don't know if he was joking or not but I got offended with his question.

"You think I will like her? Are you insulting me?" I told him while wearing a stern face.

"I was just asking! Besides, she is still a woman and there's a lot of reasons for you to like her!"

"She's not even beautiful and she is a nobody. Hindi siya ang tipo ng babaeng ipakikilala ko sa pamilya at mga kaibigan ko. You know I have a taste, Jake. A woman like her doesn't deserve me," mariin kong sabi.