Brent's Finale

"Brent Hatfield. Psychopath."

"And currently London's most wanted serial killer," Sherlock added, "Where is Susanna?"

Brent grinned wickedly and the trio raised their guns. He then shook his head and reached behind the wall, yanking Susanna out in front of him by her hair. He wrapped her braid around his hand a few times and yanked again, garnering a pained hiss from her.

She was covered in bruises and abrasions, bloodied up pretty bad, and looked dehydrated, gray and gaunt. Her eyes were shut tightly because of Brent's hold on her hair, and residue from tears glinted in the soft lighting, Sherlock glared at Brent, "It seems that Susanna was right when she said that you guys would figure out where I was. Before my grand finale."

He pulled back on Susanna's hair again and she whimpered. Brooklyn released the safety on her gun, "Let her go, Brent." He yanked Susanna in front to where she would take the bullet from Brooklyn if she tried to take a shot.

"No. If you happened to pay attention to my introduction, I am a psychopath. This is all part of the thrill for me." Brent mocked, holding his pistol to Susanna's neck.

"Stop it," Susanna pled as Brent lifted her by the hair to where heels were an inch off of the floor, "Please!" Her voice came out as a raspy squeak. Sherlock and John clicked off their safeties and Sherlock took one stride forward.

Brent tsked, "Keep going and Dollface gets it, Mister High Functioning Sociopath."

"Sherlock." John muttered. Sherlock ignored him and took another short stride towards the pscyhopath, who grinned and grabbed Susanna's braid tighter. This time she cried out as he twisted her head at a potentially lethal angle. Brent put his gun in its holster and positioned his hands on her head and neck, ready to snap her head and spine.

"You certainly don't take hints very well for being a detective." Brent chortled and added more tension to Susanna's neck. She tried to stifle another cry but couldn't.

"Sherlock, don't." John ordered, knowing that Brent was not joking around and would kill Susanna if the sociopath dared to move forward another inch. Sherlock reluctantly backed off and lowered his gun. Brooklyn and John followed suit.

"Very good! So you can take a hint." Brent tutted and removed his hands from her neck, moving them back to her hair instead.

"Susanna, are you okay?" Brooklyn asked.

"Oooh, are you okay, Dollface?" Brent echoed, nudging his hostage. Susanna gulped and nodded ever so slightly.

"I'm f-fine." She answered.

"Not for long," Brent added. Sherlock locked glares with the psychopath, "After all, I am a psychopath with an agenda. You may have found out early and spoiled my plans, but I will be remembered!"

Susanna went white and the threw her weight forward and down, shrieking as she pulled Brent down with her. This knocked him off balance and gave the three rescuers two seconds to run forward before Brent regained his footing and had Susanna in a headlock again, still twisting her hair. He jerked her head up, "You thought that was clever didn't you."

Susanna gasped for air and Sherlock raised his gun, "Y-Yes."

"Well, might as well end it now."

Brent revealed a long, sharp blade and Susanna's eyes flew open, "!"

As he drew it across her throat, she bent over and pulled them both forward. Brooklyn took the shot and nailed Brent in the chest. He fell backward and let go of Susanna who tumbled onto the floor on her side. Sherlock ran and knelt beside her first, "Susanna!"

Blood had begun to pump steadily out from her throat and onto her neck and the floor. Susanna's eyes fluttered and she groaned, her breath coming short and shallow. Sherlock whipped off his scarf and wrapped it around the wound, applying firm pressure to try and stem the flow. Brooklyn undid Susanna's braid and ponytail, releasing the pressure on her scalp. John called for an emergency team and checked on Brent, who was still breathing and conscious but in shock.

Sherlock pressed two fingers against Susanna's neck and checked her pulse. It was steady but weakening. Brooklyn held Susanna's face as her eyes turned foggy, "Susanna, stay with us! Keep your eyes open and breathe!"

The emergency team burst in and John directed them to Susanna. In seconds they'd lifted her onto a gurney, fitted her with an oxygen apparatus and had wheeled her away.  Brooklyn followed close behind, holding onto Susanna's hand.

Sherlock stayed on the floor for a while, suddenly trapped in an information overload. This lasted until Brent was taken out and Molly was called in to attend the mortuary.

John approached Sherlock, "You alright, mate?"

"There's nothing wrong with me!"

"Maybe not. But I asked if you were alright." John watched his friend heave himself to his feet.

"Susanna?"

"I haven't been able to get anything out of anyone They took her for emergency surgery to take care of her neck."

"Brent?"

"Also in surgery." Sherlock clenched his fists and John reached out to lightly pat his friend on the back.

"She'll be fine, Sherlock."

"She isn't fine right now."

Please vote and comment below! Thank you for reading!