Trust [Susanna]

~Three Days Later~

I hop out of the taxi and hurriedly pay the cabbie, eager to get inside 221B. Mainly to see my new boyfriend, since he's been blowing up my phone all morning. Today I had to go back to the doctor's for my followup appointment. Sherlock was worried that they'd find something wrong with my neck injury- an infection, specifically, or the news that it hasn't healed up properly. He feels at least partially responsible for the wound so he has diligently kept up with the care regimen, giving me reminders and tips.

He hasn't touched the scar though. Not once. Even when we kiss, he's taken special care to avoid the scar and the sutures. It's heartwarming to see him so concerned.

The good news I have is that the sutures and skin glue have done their job. The wound is completely sealed up and there's no infection. The doctor said that I could cut out the stitches at home. So I wanted to ask Sherlock if he would do it.

I shudder while walking up the stairs as I remember the bad news. I don't have time to dwell on it though as I hear Sherlock playing his violin, "I was beginning to wonder what was keeping you," He calls from inside. I smile and hurry the rest of the way into 221B.

He turns around from the window to greet me as I walk in. He bends down and we share a chaste kiss, "Hello, Sherlock."

"How was the appointment? Did they find anything?" He asks, zeroing in on the sutures. I grin.

"The doctor said that the sutures are clear to come out. No infections or otherwise."

"Why didn't he take them out at the clinic?"

"He said that I could do it at home. I was actually wondering if you would like to do the honors, Sherlock." He stops playing and stares at me, then the sutures.

"Why?"

"I want you to. I trust you." After considering my request for a moment, Sherlock sets down his violin and bow.

"Seeing as you would probably injure yourself if you attempted the procedure alone, I will cut them out for you." I smile.

"Thank you, Sherlock." He walks to the kitchen. When he comes back, he is holding a pair of small surgical scissors and a pack of alcohol wipes.

"Sit." I turn to walk to the sofa and he hooks me by my arm, redirecting me to his chair. I gaze up at him, knowing that he never lets anyone touch his chair, let alone sit in it. He nods and I slowly sit down on the edge of it. Then he brings the client chair over and places it in front of me.

He sits down across from me and starts the process. First cleaning the skin area and the scissors with the wipes. Then I do my best to remain very still as he starts snipping off the sutures, one by one, and testing the skin after each extraction. It takes several minutes before they're all out. He cleans the skin again and then disposes of the used wipes and sutures.

"Thank you for doing that, Sherlock." I let out a long held in breath and gently touch the scar. He sits back down in front of me, his much longer legs on either side of mine.

"What else happened at the hospital?" He inquires. I frown and he takes one of my hands in his, placing his fingertips around my wrist.

"Brent," Sherlock's face darkens, "He managed to escape solitary confinement. No one saw him leave and he's too smart to let anyone catch him."

"Has he done this before?" I nod. Sherlock's eyes turn a deep shade of gray, "Then he's probably going to try and finish his original mission." I nod again, but replace my frown with a smile.

"He won't get the drop on me again though."

"How do you know that?" I chuckle.

"You only get one chance to fool or trick anyone in my family." He tightens his grip on my hand, then inhales.

"Susanna, Brent won't get to you."

"Sherlock-"

"Trust me. He will not harm you again, Susanna." I lean forward, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"I trust you, Sherlock." He brushes his fingers over my wrist, lowering his gaze.

"I trust that in time you will tell me what exactly happened between you and Brent, both in your childhood and when he abducted you."

"I will. I just need some more time," I sigh. He nods and brings my hand to his lips, before getting up and retrieving his phone, "Sherlock?"

"I predicted that Brent would try to escape. I have had my homeless network on the alert for him all week," His phone rings with an alert and he opens the message, "Ah! One of them spotted Brent crossing the Hungerford Bridge."

"What?" I get up and walk over to him, wanting to see the message for myself. He shows me the image of Brent, dressed in a police uniform, walking along the bridge. I gawk.

"I wasn't going to let him come after you again, Susanna," Sherlock bends down and presses a gentle kiss to my lips. I return it and we share a moment before he pulls away, "I'm going to tell Lestrade so that we can pick him up." I nod as he starts texting the D.I., then probably John and Mycroft.

"Of course."

Once he's finished sending out the word, he swiftly dons his coat and scarf, "Come along, then. I'm going to drop you off at your flat on the way." I shake my head vigorously.

"No. I need to make sure that Brent doesn't get away again," I state and pick up my purse while walking to the door, "I'm going with you."

Thank you for reading!!