Part Four

(This is how I picture her teenage self ^)

Lúthien stirred as she began to awaken, but the this is, she didn't want to wake up. She knew that if she did, she'd have to leave Mirkwood. Though she'd only be sent away for a short period of time, Lúthien thought of never returning at all. Facing the great King after a thousand years of exile seemed like a complete waste of time. If she was going to be sent away, then she wasn't going to return. It would be too embarrassing.

Though she'd follow through with her sentence, Lúthien would study and train like Thranduil said. But after her thousand year sentence expired, she'd become a free spirit and live out the rest of her life as if Mirkwood never happened.

Lúthien finally opened her eyes, inhaling deeply, her woodland roomy scent was to be forgotten. The feeling of sinking into her large soft mattress. The comfort she feels from the warmth of her blanket. All of that was to be taken away from her today,and she would have to obey.

She finally sat up, lazily stretching he arms above her head and maybe yawning a bit. Lúthien swung her legs off the side of the bed, when her feet touched the cold stone floor, a chill went coiling around her spine as she stood tall. It was strange, though the floor was always very much cool to the touch, she had never experienced chills before.

The sun was spilling through the open slits of the curtains, she walked over to further allow the light to engulf her room. Though it was bright and warm, it wasn't enough to thaw her numbing heart. Never again would she see the sun rise above the trees in Mirkwood.

Soon, she walked over to her wardrobe, picking out one her finest riding clothes. They had been gifted to her by the King, he requested only the best for his Lurielním. Even though it was painful for her to even wear, she wanted to look her best leaving the kingdom.

She also braided her own hair, it came out lookin much better than she had anticipated. It wasn't too fancy or complicated, just a few simple braids on each side of her head wrapping around to meet the center nicely.

"You're doing very well Lurielním." A voice echoed

Lúthien whirled around quickly to meet the eyes of the King, but he was no where to be seen. It was then that she realized that he had never been there, she was remembering a faint memory. From years ago, when she first had come to live in the palace.

"I can tell you've been practicing, you're becoming quite skillful in the art of braiding."

"Get out of my head." She whispered, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"Maybe one day you'll braid mine, I have since forgotten how braid so beautifully. I guess you might say I'm incapable." Thranduil said, appearing in the reflection of the glass

"Shut up!" Lúthien quickly turned away from the mirror, trying to rid herself of his voice in her head.

"You mustn't upset yourself so, dear one. You'll be safe here in the woodland realm." Even though she was only hallucinating, she could feel his hand on top of her head. Another memory from another time

"Go away." She said holding her head in her hands as her eyes shut

"Lúthien, you mustn't react this way."

"Get out of my head."

"I'm always going to be here for you, dear one."

"I said get out of my head!" With tears streaming down her cheeks, she finally willed herself to open her eyes. To her relief, he had disappeared, but by then she was already breaking down on the cold floor.