Twenty Four

-Things get a lil smutty-

Thranduil stirred, extending his arm out to reach for Lúthien but found her side of the bed empty. He frowned at the coolness of the sheets, whatever time she had gotten up it had been a while ago. After wiping the exhaustion from his eyes, he finally managed to turn over to face the balcony. Sunrise hadn't begun, dawn wouldn't break for another hour. Though it wasn't completely dark out, through the open slits in between the curtains he could see the soft blues and purples that covered the forest.

"She better not be out there" he thought to himself as he rolled over onto his back

Thranduil's ears pricked at the sound of lapping water coming from the bathing chamber. His heart was content to know that she was nearby. After tossing the comforter off and swinging his legs over the side of the bed, he padded over to the door.

"Lúthien?" Thranduil knocked before entering

He peeked from behind the door to make sure she was alright and found her sitting with her knees curled up to her chest against the side of the basin. Lúthien held her legs together as she rested her chin on a single knee.

"I couldn't sleep." She said quietly, refusing to look away from the steaming water

The humidity in the room hit Thranduil as he sat at the opposite side of the basin and dipped his legs in the warm water.

Lúthien held in her smile at Thranduil hissing from how hot the water was, he wasn't prepared for the heat. His clenched teeth slowly turned into a satisfied smile has he exhaled a sigh of contentment through his nose.

"How are you managing to sit in this hot water?" He asked bracing his hands behind his back.

Lúthien tried to hold his gaze, but with his silky silver hair shimmering in the light of the torches and the exposure of his broad chest through his robe it became rather difficult.

"It's soothing."  She sighed

Thranduil watched her struggle to formulate the words as Lúthien sat across from him. He was furious at the fact that she'd ever so foolishly put herself in harms way, but he was going to allow her a chance to explain.

"I couldn't let the child die." Lúthien said finally

He sat up straight, adjusting his posture which allowed his satin robe to slip ever so slightly from his freckled shoulders.

"When I looked at her, I saw myself all those years ago. It was as if I was in a time loop of some kind. Behind the enchantment she was under, you could see the fear the plagued her heart. I know what that felt like Thranduil."

"You did what you felt was right."

"I know how furious you must be with me-"

"Indeed I was terrified, but when I saw you standing there by the fire all I could think about was how thankful I was that you were unharmed. But I can't be furious with you Lurielním."

Hearing her name roll off his tongue sent goosebumps running up and down her skin. The sound of Thranduil's voice alone made her bite down on her bottom lip in anticipation.

He slumped over, resting his elbows on his legs. Thranduil's silver hair slipped from behind him, partly covering his face. He blew out a puff of air in frustration, causing it to go flying in front of him.

Lúthien chuckled as she picked up a leather tie from the floor and waded over to him. After reaching his side of the basin, she kneeled on one of the stone seats so that she'd be able to reach his hair. He watched as the movement sent beads of water dripping from her shoulders down in between her breasts.