Part Twenty Two

"I cannot believe you left me out there on your balcony, in the cold, shivering."

"I told you I'd show you shaking. Now look at you, your body can't stop trembling."

"You know sometimes, you just need to let things go."

"I will never put you placing that grape in my mouth behind me." Lúthien rolled her eyes

"You're so petty."

"And you're so shaky."

"Oaf."

"You're such a child, I should punish you for your immature behavior."

"And how do you propose to go about it? Your Majesty?"

"Hmmm, I'm not sure. Maybe like this!" Thranduil grabbed her by her waist and hoisted her up onto his shoulder so that he'd have her by the legs with her rear in the air.

"Valar! Thranduil! Put me down!" She said hitting his back with her fists

"What's the matter? Afraid of heights?"

"Well actually the view from here is kind of nice." Lúthien eyed his posterior and silently agreed that it looked 'cute.' So with her index finger, she lightly poked the firmness it and deemed it satisfyingly hilarious

"What in the Valar are you doing!?" Thranduil immediately walked over to the bed and threw Lúthien over his shoulder. She giggled as her body bounced against the mattress.

"Your rear is quite adorable."

"You have a foul mouth woman, now come over here so I can teach you a lesson." He said pulling her by her feet

"What are you going to do? Banish me?"

"No." He said softly, clasping her hand so that he could pull her off the mattress. Lúthien knelt on the bed as Thranduil stood beside it, both his hands now on her waist.

"I'm going to do what I should've done the moment I realized you had returned." He gently tucked her soft hair behind her ear. Thranduil leaned in slowly, giving Lúthien time to adjust. But when he drew near, he couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the sound of her thumping heart.

"What's wrong?" He shook his head

"Can't you hear it?" Lúthien furrowed her brows "I'm certain you can feel it." She was stumped

"You're heart Lurielním, it's always beating so profoundly. It's astonishingly lovely, something I could never grow tired of."

Lúthien had always thought of it as such a bother, a give away to her true emotions. It always betrayed her in the most dire of situations. Whenever she's with him, it's pounding never seems to stop. But they way he described it just now, gave her an entirely new perspective.

"It flutters so dearly whenever I'm around." He smiled "I cannot help but adore it."

Lúthien could begin to feel her face grow warm, her body betraying her yet again. She attempted to look away, to keep him from gazing at her magnificence. With the gentleness of his finger, Thranduil nudged her face back towards him. He studied the way her pupils dilated when she looked into his eyes. It was one of the most exquisite things he had ever witnessed.

"Why do you look away from me?"

Lúthien knew in her heart she'd always be vulnerable for him. There would always be apart of herself that belonged to him and even though she loved him more than anything, it terrified her. She couldn't bring herself to answer his question right away. Thranduil studied her carefully before coming to a conclusion.