Part Fifteen

I want to dedicate this chapter to wonderme123 ☺️ enjoy!

That night Lúthien couldn't will herself to fall asleep. She kept replaying everything the King had said over and over in her mind. The sincere look of defeat on his face when he turned around that final time. It was as if he finally gave in to his emotions and allowed it to take control. Even if it was only for a moment.

When he pulled her close and held her, there was such a comforting sense of security almost as if she was in the safest place in the world. His arms which had appeared so strong and masculine, had the ability to feel gentle and soft.

And when he kissed the top of her hand, the warmth from his lips sent a shiver running down her spine. It unlike anything she had ever felt before.

Eventually Lúthien managed to at least close her eyes and try one final time to get some rest. She could feel herself beginning to fall asleep until she heard yelling coming from down the corridor.

She immediately rose to her feet, tossing her sheets, throwing her door open and sticking her face into the hallway. There were guards across the hall, probably altering the King of whatever was going on.

"Your Majesty! The man who arrived earlier with Miss Lúthien has returned but he's been severely injured! We cannot get him to stop screaming! He says a woman by the name Onna has done this."

Thranduil's face paled as he caught Lúthien's stare. She wouldn't hesitate to help her friend, and within mere seconds she was sprinting down the stone hallway. The King called after her, but Lúthien didn't bother to turn around.

She leapt from step to step, skipping more and more each time. The adrenaline surging through Lúthien's veins was the only thing keeping her from thinking twice about breaking her ankles by completely clearing the last set of stairs.

"Abraxsis!" She called and received another scream of agony in response. Lúthien followed his voice and ran as fast as her legs would allow. When she finally arrived at the healing chamber, she nearly threw up by the sight of him.

Abraxsis was in his human form aside from his wings, which were now torn to shreds. She could see he had a few puncture wounds in his abdomen and he was bleeding furiously. The healers tried everything they could to calm him, but he was in far too much pain.

"Abraxsis" Lúthien breathed "What happened?" She asked placing her hand on his forehead and to her surprise, he actually grinned

"I may have paid our little friend Onna- GOD!" He attempted to sit up, but Lúthien pushed him back down

"You'll only make it worse if you sit up." She assessed his injuries, thinking of ways to mend them. "Your healing isn't taking effect, tell me exactly what happened."

"I uhh." Abraxsis shivered "returned to the valley, and she was there."

"Damnit I think you're running a fever." She said placing a hand on his forehead. Lúthien looked down at his stab wounds "I'm going to need to close these, you're loosing too much blood."

"I'll be alright, it's just going to take some time."

"You fool, her poison is probably what's keeping you from healing properly." Lúthien immediately pulled up her sleeve and waited momentarily for her palm to heat up.

"What are you doing Lúthien?"

"This is probably going to hurt, a lot." Carefully, she lowered her hand toward one of his wounds. Lúthien's eyes met his gaze and he anxiously nodded for her to proceed. "I'm sorry."