Part Ten

"Lúthien."

"Lúthien."

She stirred at the sound of someone calling her name. At first she only heard it in her dreams, it started happening ever since she grew ill. But now it she could hear it at night. Every passing day it grew louder and more difficult to ignore.

"Lúthien."

When she finally opened her eyes she could see in the dim candle lit room, her door opening. Determined to find out who itwas calling her name, she attempted to get out of bed. Of course she was so weak, she actually fell.

Then she heard a small snore, and after she pulled herself up Lúthien realized Thranduil was asleep at her desk. But her door was still open, and she wasn't about to turn a blind eye.

As she walked through the threshold of her door, she kept a steady hand against the stone wall incase she grew too weak to stand. Lúthien continued down the corridor until she made it to one of the torches that hung on the wall. When she reached for it, a hand suddenly grabbed hold of her wrist.

It wasn't rough, instead the outstretched hand was gentle. Her heart was beating out of her chest, yet she never made a sound. It pulled her arm down slowly, keeping the flaming torch between them. Lúthien still couldn't make out a face despite holding a source of light.

"Don't be afraid Lúthien."  The voice spoke taking her other hand

"Who are you?"

"You're going to want to come with me." The voice was masculine

"What?"

The man began pulling Lúthien forward, and the two made their way down the hall. When they made it to the stairwell, they stopped because there were guards at the bottom.

"Hold on."

"Wait what?"

The torch instantly disappeared, Lúthien blinked once and she was in an entirely different place. She kept looking around in an attempt to find something that looked remotely familiar but it was too dark out to tell.

"I don't have much time." The man spoke rapidly

"What are you talking about?"

"Your King is in grave danger."

"Wait-"

"I will find you again, please keep a weary eye. Never let your guard down."

"I don't even know who you are?"

"My name is Eris, we'll see each other soon."

"Hold on just a min-"

*+*

"Lúthien!" The King called

"Thranduil?

"You were dreaming Lurielním." He said moving away the strands of hair that covered her face

"Thranduil I saw something-"

"And what might that be?"

"Someone was giving me a warning, something's going to happen. Thranduil your life might be in danger!"

"Lúthien." The King sighed, placing his hand in her forehead "Are you coming down with another fever?"

"No, you don't understand. In my dream I was here, but then I wasn't here. But also it wasn't a dream! It was real!"

"What happened exactly?"

"A man came to me in the night-"

"A man!? In the palace!?"